Could you kill a kitten?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

ignerntbend

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Animal control officers in the United States put down 100's of 1,000's of sweet innocent animals each year. You just have to steel your heart to it. It is strange how some people don't have a second thought about hunting & shooting a squirrel, duck, deer [Bambi], coyote, pig and other animals for sport. They don't mind using a arrow / broad head on a deer where it runs off and may be in pain for a while before it dies... but someone else puts down a dog or cat with a single shot between the ears and they are considered a heinous deviate. With some people it is all about emotions, with others it is just a matter of getting on with life.

Many years ago, I was leaving work in a small rural town and saw a suspicious acting man drop a sack into a community dumpster. When he drove off I went to see what it was... it was 5-6 kittens. Their eyes weren't fully open yet. They were meowing & hungry.. there was no way they were going to survive.. they were just suffering. The little town didn't have any anmimal control officer and its one police officer wasn't on duty at the time. I didn't have a cell phone back then, but I had a shotgun, so I took them out in the country a little ways and put them down with a .410. round between the ears. Sometimes you gotta do things you don't want too.

But with that said, if you want a pet... I suggest rescuing them from a pound or shelter rather than getting one from a breeder who may be running a puppy mill. We just picked out a sweet little 6-7 yr old dog. Hope to have him home soon.
I always dig your prose, man.

nemesis

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
If it's me or him..............

i265.photobucket.com_albums_ii237_gretch1966_cat_gun.gif

NikatKimber

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator
Reaction score
What a weird thread.

That's a mild way of putting it.

If you're talking about just flat picking a kitten and killing it, you're sick. And so is anyone that could do that.

If you live in the country though, things change. Not something I'd like to write about though.

David2012

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Did you have to write about the kittens between the ears, or did that ony come after years of therapy?

Worked at IBP back in the early 80's. We were killing close to 2,800 head of cattle every 8 hour shift. They used a Stun Gun to put the cattle down. It fired a .38 spl size blank that drove a steel rod into the skull just below the ear line on the forehead. Taking about putting animals down doesn't bother me. Sorry if the descriptive language bothered you.

Brandi

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I could never kill a kitten unless the extenuating circumstances were extreme. However, I could kill a human for trying to kill a kitten. There's a mental exercise for ya. This thread is messed up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom