Cows on my property

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bravo1413

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Ok. Looking for some advise. I have someone else’s cows jumping and breaking my fences on my property and grazing. I chase them off and they just come back. I have been fixing the fence line for the last 1 and 1/2 years and am tired of it. Can’t find an owner. They graze on the west side of my property, but keep coming through the fence and breaking it down. No house on the property, just some vertical tanks of some sort. Don’t know who the cows belong to. About to put some beef in the freezer.

Okie4570

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
Ok. Looking for some advise. I have someone else’s cows jumping and breaking my fences on my property and grazing. I chase them off and they just come back. I have been fixing the fence line for the last 1 and 1/2 years and am tired of it. Can’t find an owner. They graze on the west side of my property, but keep coming through the fence and breaking it down. No house on the property, just some vertical tanks of some sort. Don’t know who the cows belong to. About to put some beef in the freezer.
The sheriff can find the landowner, if it's not the landowner's cattle he'll know who he's given or leased grazing rights to. Are they cow/calf pairs or what are they? Are they branded? The sheriff can help there also.

Chaparral

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
So can the county assessor. Will the sheriff consider them free range? Are you a fence in or fence out county? Call the sheriff on the business line not the emergency line and be polite. Ask.

how tall is the fence? What material? Once cows are jumpers and they have a learned behavior it is hard to break. Neighbors bull cleared our five foot fence.

John6185

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I'll be there with my other cusin

Attachments

• randy.jpeg
    randy.jpeg
    237.6 KB · Views: 0

1Mudman

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Cattle owners are responsible for damages if they arent keeping the livestock fenced well. Sounds like they need to work on their fences. Call the Sheriffs dept and report Cattle loose on a public road. That will fix it!

Latest posts

Top Bottom