Cox Internet

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SoonerP226

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Cox is generally tolerable in Tulsa, but it goes through phases of stinking on ice. OEC Fiber is soooooooo much better than Cox that it's not even funny (IMHO, tin cans on string is better than AT$T, and if they tell you water is wet, feel it). It's a little more than half the price for the same service, it's actual fiber to the house, and they actually tell you the truth about the monthly cost--when they tell you it will be $55/month for 100Mbps service, the monthly bill is straight up $55. It's not $55 plus service fees and taxes and "because we can" charges; everything is included in that advertised price. It also doesn't go through periodic phases of suckage, either.

If you have OEC electric service, I highly recommend their internet service. If you're on a different REC, check with them and see if they are, or will be, offering internet service.

Sstolz1078

Marksman
Supporting Member
Supporter
Reaction score
Am I the only one that experiences constant issues with Cox? Their internet is horrible and I have constant interruptions. We cut the cord and stream now. Not that it’s any cheaper but it feels good to send them fewer dollars since I’ve never received the internet speeds or reliability I pay for.

I’m in the Moore area. Am I just in a poorly serviced area or is it this bad for everyone?
I'm also tired of cox. Not just the outages, but the constant rising cost. I'm switching to OEC fiber. GOODBYE COX!

jeromebill7718

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I love Cox! I have had cox in my life and in my home since I was a child. I get nervous when I don't have Cox. All my family members love cox. We didn't have Cox during the holidays and everybody was frustrated. Most Thanksgivings are pretty hard on everybody in my family but without Cox on Thanksgiving it was just nuts. You could not believe how much it sucked. I am totally miserable without cox. I am glad I have cox now and I have Cox coming into my home in every hole in my wall. I just wish I had more rooms so I could get more cox in my household.

SlugSlinger

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
We’ve got Cox. It’s been flawless. The fiber was put in the ground a couple years ago.

My 2 year contract is up in May. I’m going to call them in April and ask for an extension of the current pricing. If they don’t do it or at least make a reasonable adjustment, I’m going to ATT.

Oh, and one thing I don’t like is there job applicants must be immunized. They are a bunch of corporate communists like the rest of the democrats.

kroberts2131

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
We’ve got Cox. It’s been flawless. The fiber was put in the ground a couple years ago.

My 2 year contract is up in May. I’m going to call them in April and ask for an extension of the current pricing. If they don’t do it or at least make a reasonable adjustment, I’m going to ATT.

Oh, and one thing I don’t like is there job applicants must be immunized. They are a bunch of corporate communists like the rest of the democrats.
Same here for us. I’ve been on the new customer pricing for like 10 years. I keep wanting to cut the cable but it’s just cheap. 225 for the big cable package, alarm and internet.

alnpar

Old Truckers Never Die
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Am I the only one that experiences constant issues with Cox? Their internet is horrible and I have constant interruptions. We cut the cord and stream now. Not that it’s any cheaper but it feels good to send them fewer dollars since I’ve never received the internet speeds or reliability I pay for.

I’m in the Moore area. Am I just in a poorly serviced area or is it this bad for everyone?
I live in AZ and yesterday got the bill which increased by $7.73. We are only one step above basic and get crap channels. The internet is $49.99 and the TV is $99.50 Tax $5.07 toal $154.56.
A few years ago we dropped the TV and went DISH. then our internet went way up. ended up costing more. Then the 2nd year the DISH said our contract was for 2 years and we had to bundle the 2nd year. and it went up another $60. I did not pay it and it was through COSTCO in a LOCKED 2 year plan. DISN no longer is allowed in COSTCO!

alnpar

Old Truckers Never Die
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Del City isn't that bad as far as service. However the price sucks. I am waiting for AT&T to bring fiber to my neighborhood. I want to check that out.
VERIZON now has service here, but not in my area! But I dropped Verizon after 25 years. It took 4 months and hours on the phone trying to get my bill straighten out when I purchased a new iPhone 13 pro max. Paid $1,000 for it but, next day, I found I can get it for $600 on my business account. I was supposed to get the credit on the billing. Have e=mail showing the figures. After 4 months and hours on the phone every month, I went to Consumer Cellular and same coverage and $55 per month for two phones with AARP Discount

Hangfire

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Cox is generally tolerable in Tulsa, but it goes through phases of stinking on ice. OEC Fiber is soooooooo much better than Cox that it's not even funny (IMHO, tin cans on string is better than AT$T, and if they tell you water is wet, feel it). It's a little more than half the price for the same service, it's actual fiber to the house, and they actually tell you the truth about the monthly cost--when they tell you it will be $55/month for 100Mbps service, the monthly bill is straight up $55. It's not $55 plus service fees and taxes and "because we can" charges; everything is included in that advertised price. It also doesn't go through periodic phases of suckage, either.

If you have OEC electric service, I highly recommend their internet service. If you're on a different REC, check with them and see if they are, or will be, offering internet service.
We've got the Cox 'bundle' which is internet, tv and telephone (we prefer to keep our landline) and I just paid the $254.00 monthly bill last week.

OEC Fiber just buried their cable down both sides of the street back in the summer........I'll call them for a quote this coming week to see if I can get what we have now for substantially less.

Latest posts

Top Bottom