Cox Internet

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

crapsguy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Sorry for the resurrection.

It appears ATT is running fiber in our neighborhood. Right now they are zigzagging under the streets and coming up just inside everyone's front yard with conduit.

If you sign up do they run fiber to the house somehow or does this get switched over to copper? Do they trench back to wherever your old telephone box is? I'm trying to see how big the pain of installation might be.

I'm sick of the never ending price hikes from Cox and I'm hoping ATT fiber may be an option. Although this will violate my never ATT oath from 10-15 years ago when I bit on their Uverse option.
I was paying cox around 250/mo for a bundle pkg with phone - got hooked up to OEC internet alone for $55/mo added youtube - about $70/mo [so we can record stuff] have Prime via Amazon and subscribed to Paramount+ bill now runs about 130/mo for streaming service [no land line] and have access to more than I had with cox bundle

beardking

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
This is why I will do my best to always have fiber internet wherever I live. Especially since I work from home.

1680190894524.png

rockchalk06

ʞlɒʜƆʞɔoЯ
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
This is why I will do my best to always have fiber internet wherever I live. Especially since I work from home.

View attachment 362770
That upload is impressive. We have OEC I think it is on Campus and hard wired, I get those numbers. I need it for my work.

I have Gigablast from Cox at home as OEC is not available in this part of Edmond yet.

This is in my home office (Wi-Fi only) Hard wired, I get almost a GB of download, but just shy of 80 upload. For now, 30ish upload is working very well to run all my systems. As soon as OEC is here, Cox can eat a cox!
1680191643080.png

And right next to the router
1680191666907.png

Latest posts

Top Bottom