Cox Internet

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SoonerP226

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
We've got the Cox 'bundle' which is internet, tv and telephone (we prefer to keep our landline) and I just paid the $254.00 monthly bill last week.

OEC Fiber just buried their cable down both sides of the street back in the summer........I'll call them for a quote this coming week to see if I can get what we have now for substantially less.
You can call them if you want, but OEC’s stuff is all available online.

https://oecfiber.com/

Coug91

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
ATT fiber. Cheaper & no issues so far for us. They do bury their lines too shallow though.
2 of my neighbors have cut them while working in their yard with trimmers.
This. Neighbors had an invisible dog fence installed. Installers cut my fiber because they didn't think to have okie dig locate fiber across their front yard. SMH.

madokie

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
i have been w att for 10 years or so DSL, and will have to upgrade,, dead slow connections, BUT if u like to download stuff off of sites like pirate bay and such ATT will throw a FIT!!! and threaten to disconnect you,,att owns time warner, a huge media company, and will go after anyone downloading anything att thinks they "own".. t-mobile is a European company,,,so i will look into them..

El Pablo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I worked remotely from home for 8 years. Uverse was awful (slow and down weekly). I also had to reboot the modem so often I got a smart plug so I could remotely power cycle the thing. , Cox has been fairly good, granted beating uverse is a really low bar. I can’t get at&t fiber, but have heard good things.

Last edited:

Jason Freeland

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I ditched Cox due to poor connections and the reduction of upload speed they did a while back. I need a reasonable upload due to working from home and I went with AT&T. So far so good even though I would prefer to use my own wifi equipment, theirs has worked fine.

KOPBET

Duck of Death
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I've been on a 24 mo. discount with Cox @ 53.99/mo (Internet only). Went on their website to check the bill and discovered that the discount ends July 1st, to go up $39/mo. There also was an offer on the website for $49.99/mo. for 24 mo. Took it, so now the next billing cycle should be $49.99/mo. for 24 months.

AT&T recently came through the neighborhood like a bull in a China cabinet laying conduit, fiber optic cable and the little green boxes. Really tore up some yards and sprinkler heads by the street. They want $55/mo. to start, plus a probable $99 installation fee. Although they claim there won't be an increase in 12 months, who knows when the increase will be or for how much. If Cox gets out of hand, AT&T can be a fallback option.

Jason Freeland

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I've been on a 24 mo. discount with Cox @ 53.99/mo (Internet only). Went on their website to check the bill and discovered that the discount ends July 1st, to go up $39/mo. There also was an offer on the website for $49.99/mo. for 24 mo. Took it, so now the next billing cycle should be $49.99/mo. for 24 months.

AT&T recently came through the neighborhood like a bull in a China cabinet laying conduit, fiber optic cable and the little green boxes. Really tore up some yards and sprinkler heads by the street. They want $55/mo. to start, plus a probable $99 installation fee. Although they claim there won't be an increase in 12 months, who knows when the increase will be or for how much. If Cox gets out of hand, AT&T can be a fallback option.
Their contractors cut our french drains and the water up the street when they came through, installing the fiber. I don't think it's AT&Ts employees directly causing the damage, but they are under contract to them.

DaveinOKC

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Switched to OEC Fiber and YouTubeTV last summer and we have been really happy with the combo. OEC Fiber has been more reliable which is great since wife and I both telework.

SoonerP226

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
This. Neighbors had an invisible dog fence installed. Installers cut my fiber because they didn't think to have okie dig locate fiber across their front yard. SMH.
Somebody bought an easement and bulldozed a private road along my south property line (the easement was on the neighbor's place). In less than two weeks, the jake-legged peckerwood running the dozer cut my phone line three times.

The first time the guy from AT$T found the cut and repaired it; the second time they did such a bang-up job that he said he couldn't locate the cut end of the cable, so he had to pull a new one and put in a burial order for it.

The very next day, they cut it again. The guy from AT$T (the same guy from the two previous incidents) said the raving geniuses (my editorialization, not his) had put up a realtor's sign, driving it into the ground right through the brand new, still-unburied cable.

I thought about "borrowing" parts off their dozer every time they cut the phone line, but that was the last time it happened.

Latest posts

Top Bottom