Coyote and Eagles

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Neanderthal

In Remembrance / March 2023
Special Hen
Reaction score
Tiz the way of nature. Shot this coyote out in back of the house yesterday. Today, these Bald Eagles were munching on him.

coyote.jpg

eagle.jpg

eagle1.jpg

SDS

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Very cool birds to see in the wild. I have seen a few down here in the central part of the state but not many.

SDS

Neanderthal

Special Hen
Reaction score
One day last year there were at least a dozen Bald Eagles out back, all after a single armadillo carcass. There was one HUGE eagle that kept the others at bay while letting two immatures eat. He wouldn't let anyone else close to them, was an incredible show - we watched them for a long time.

Beautiful birds and much larger than most people would think. I'm thrilled to see them making such an impressive comeback.

SDS

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Several years ago I saw one about a mile from my house eating a deer carcass. They travel through here but don't stick around long. It would be very cool to be able to sit and watch them.

SDS

Neanderthal

Special Hen
Reaction score
I tend to see them more active at certain times of the year here. There are TONS of them around here (Delaware Co, NE OK) - they have their nests in the high bluffs, but seem to like roosting in high, old dead trees most of the day. They are definitely scavengers, eating anything in sight. Most of the time I see them out in the pastures, but have even seen them in the middle of the road after roadkill.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Very cool! We see lots of them around here.
I didn't know it for sure, but Kaw lake is ranked way up there for eagle populations to winter in the location. Saw it on the news today.
We live a few miles below Kaw Dam, and see them pretty regular around the house feeding on carrion.

jacque1282

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Cool pictures. I saw an eagle the other day on 177 south of Perkins. I'm certain it was a release from their eagle rescue. If y'all haven't had a chance to check it out, they give free tours. You have to call and schedule them, but I think it's worth it. I believe their website shows they have around 30 bald and golden eagles. Some can't fly due to injuries, but it's an awesome photo opportunity. And you can't beat free! I pasted a link below.

http://www.iowanation.org/page/home/government/office-of-environmental-services/eagle-aviary

Latest posts

Top Bottom