Crag Coyote Hunting on Private Land

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

crag83

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
All,

I went out to some private land and did some stands, four total, but didn't see anything at all. It was supposed to be me and another guy, however there ended up being four people total. I am not sure if that had anything to do with it or not. I usually like going by myself or with one other person. I am not giving up and I enjoyed going out. I am getting better at looking for tracks and scat, and there was a bunch of it everywhere. I am going to Lexington next weekend, so I will keep you all updated. I know that I am going to get one sooner or later, but I just need to be patient.

Crag

dlbleak

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Administrator Moderator Supporter
Reaction score
my experience is that more than two is a crowd. to much movement,smell etc. better luck this weekend

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I took out three onetime. We got set up before daylight, in a brush pile looking into a river bottom.
Just before shooting time, one was snoring so loud I thought it was machine gun fire, and the other guy was in his best Rambo stance scanning the woods back and forth with his Eotech.
They never went with me again, but I see them every Thankgiving at their families house, and love to tell the story of the "Great coyote hunt":D

imhntn

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have had good luck with 3 if it is the right 3 guys but if you get a loud talker or someone who can't be still you are not going to do any good.

Latest posts

Top Bottom