Creek County Speedway

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pennyless

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Want to take the boy to his first race. Couldn't swing Chili.Bowl tickets last month, so anybody been to Creek County Speedway? There are no times for races on their websites, just dates. Should we go early? Any other track recommendations?

Pennyless

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Hmm, you’re right. I didn’t see any times listed. Usually, they will say when gates open and racing starts. Took my grandson to his first races last weekend at Red Dirt Raceway in Meeker
Yeah I guess I'll have to call him them. Meeker is slightly closer to us by 15 minutes or so. Which one do you prefer? Want to see sprint or late models but honestly not too picky.

n423

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
My Dad took me to the OKC speedway (still mad when closed it) when I was a boy. Been hooked since on dirt track. I knew Shane Carson and his Dad Bud that ran Marcar for years.
Dad and I went to World of Outlaws every year they came...
Took my son a few years ago to Texas Motor Speedway. Wife and I have been to Meeker several times.
Most Friday nights were at OKC. Took me to Lawton and Tulsa.

Last edited:

dlbleak

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Administrator Moderator Supporter
Reaction score
Yeah I guess I'll have to call him them. Meeker is slightly closer to us by 15 minutes or so. Which one do you prefer? Want to see sprint or late models but honestly not too picky.
Meeker is putting on some darn good shows this year. The High Limit sprints, Comp Cam late models etc
2C7135BB-3EB7-496E-923D-5AF45827F2B8.png

Pennyless

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
My Dad took me to the OKC speedway (still mad when closed it) when I was a boy. Been hooked since on dirt track. I knew Shane Carson and his Dad Bud that ran Marcar for years.
Dad and I went to World of Outlaws every year they came...
Took my son a few years ago to Texas Motor Speedway. Wife and I have been to Meeker several times.
Most Friday nights were at OKC. Took me to Lawton and Tulsa. My wife's cousin (Jackie Jones) used to race @ Ada and Meeker, then his son took over for him.
Love racing!!
Hell yeah! I got into after my dad took me to an ARCA race at Atlanta Motor Speedway. I fell out of it for a while but been getting into it the last year because my son is interested. Shame I never got to see the OKC track.

You ever do any racing yourself?

dlbleak

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Administrator Moderator Supporter
Reaction score
The ASCS race is a national show. It’s gonna be BIG. IMO, the turns at creek are to tight which makes the cars have to come off the throttle to much. But meeker is lacking on seating

n423

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Hell yeah! I got into after my dad took me to an ARCA race at Atlanta Motor Speedway. I fell out of it for a while but been getting into it the last year because my son is interested. Shame I never got to see the OKC track.

You ever do any racing yourself?

No , but Dad was part owner on a Midget when they raced at Taft stadium back in the 1950's. Before my time. Just my wife's cousin Jackie and his son Casey Jones.

We have racing @ I-44 Speedway Riverside for Midget racing . I used to go quite a bit, lived couple miles from there. Wish OKC would build another big Sprint car track.

Attachments

• 1709125824592.png
    1709125824592.png
    460.3 KB · Views: 1
Last edited:

Latest posts

Top Bottom