Crossbow scope recommendations

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

firewalker600

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Guys,

Looking for recommendations on Crossbow scope. Looking for first hand actual used in the field advise on what you have and why you recommend it. I'm looking at the Leupold Crossbones, but wondering about illuminated scopes. If you recommend a Illuminated please tell me how it does in low light conditions. Thanks and look forward to any advice on this topic.

Okie4570

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
The only one I've used is the Ten Point scope that came on the Ten Point. It has green/red illumination. I've never needed the illumination, my daughter likes it for the "cool" factor though.

retrieverman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I used a Leupold VXIII 1.5-5 illuminated scope for a couple years, and last year, I used a Doctor Optics red dot holosight. I decided I wasn't shooting far enough to need magnification, so I switched to the Doctor sight. I bought a gun recently and got a fancy camo Bushnell red dot sight in the deal, and I am considering changing over to it solely because it matches my Xbow. In my opinion, a non magnified red dot sight is all that is "needed" for a crossbow.

Erick

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I picked up the Nikon Bolt for mine. I mounted it and was expecting it to be off a few feet. I was surprised that it was 2" 3:00 from zero! I haven't used it in the field but I like it. Of you just want a red dot, in have a 3 dot that came with my Wicked Ridge I'll sell/trade cheap.

ElkStalkR

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
My experience is this. I personally hate red dots, personal preference. I have owned 4 crossbows scopes. I personally prefer a lit reticle, it helps me a lot when I stay to the absolute last legal minute and I am inside the timber. Defintely get a true crossbow scope with mutiple reticles whatever you do, just makes life easy. The rangemaster made by TenPoint is the scope I use mostly right now. Lit reticle and reticles out to 50 yds, along with an adustable reticles to tune to your bows speed.

Another crossbow scope I have owned is a Hawke. They make really good crossbow scopes and lots of crossbow users tend to like them. Definetly a company to check into.

A lot of it boils down to preference. I prefer lit, mutiple, adjustable reticle scopes. TenPoint's range master fits this bill and Hawke makes some that will also.

Latest posts

Top Bottom