Crowd Sourced Traffic App

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jstaylor62

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
So has anyone else been using Waze, the crowd sourced traffic app? It sure beats the heck out of the lame-arse traffic reports on the radio. Those reports are never accurate and they are impossible to call and report issues.

With Waze, you simply make a report by tapping on a couple of icons on your phone while driving. After the issue has cleared, other Waze users can clear the reported issue. Very, very useful.

Hobbes

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I don't use it.
First time I heard of it was when I read a story that law enforcement is trying to get it banned or at least modified so users can't post the locations of speed checks and roadblocks.

Danny Tanner

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Can anyone tell me what's wrong with this? Hint: look at my avatar...

Yep. I appreciate others alerting for me, because I don't even have to look at the screen. I hear a very loud and clear, "Vehicle stuck on shoulder ahead." or whatever the alert may be at the time. The app attempts to lock you out if it detects driving, but like most others, you can mark that you're a passenger. I just hope most of those flagging alerts are passengers, though I'm a realistic man and I have my doubts.

I could totally be making this up, but I heard rumors that they're working on voice recognition, that way both hands are on the wheel (or one hand on the wheel, the other hand slammin' gears while passing queers for those of us who drive a manual) and both eyes on the road.

I've been using Waze for 2-3 years at least and it's come a long way.

Last edited:

farmerbyron

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I don't use it.
First time I heard of it was when I read a story that law enforcement is trying to get it banned or at least modified so users can't post the locations of speed checks and roadblocks.

Trying to find a reason why it's bad to avoid extortion and 4th amendment violations. Nope, still searching.

Latest posts

Top Bottom