Crowd Sourced Traffic App

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

vvvvvvv

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Can anyone tell me what's wrong with this? Hint: look at my avatar...

It's not like I'm typing on a laptop while driving like many of our finest officers do. Oh yeah, those aren't "hand-held communication devices". Arguably, a phone mounted to the vehicle is not, either.

Pressing icons to "activate, deactivate, or initiate a feature or function" is also explicitly allowed under F(4) of the unnecessary texting-while-driving law.

Perplexed

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
It doesn't surprise me you folks would offer up excuses and deflections for what is essentially unsafe behavior while driving. Looking at a phone or other display, while driving, could be avoided. Why not? We went through a century of vehicular travel without cell phones, and the world did just fine.

I forget, it's all about instant gratification at the expense of responsibility. Silly me.

LightningCrash

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
It doesn't surprise me you folks would offer up excuses and deflections for what is essentially unsafe behavior while driving. Looking at a phone or other display, while driving, could be avoided. Why not? We went through a century of vehicular travel without cell phones, and the world did just fine.

I forget, it's all about instant gratification at the expense of responsibility. Silly me.

Says the man with a radio in his car.

tomthebaker

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

If you think a few reprimands on the Internet and a cute avatar will suddenly reduce cell phone use while driving, you will be sorely disappointed.

Perplexed

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I installed subs and amps for deaf people, you can't fool me.

The radio in my Honda hasn't worked in years. But it doesn't bother me in the slightest.

Be careful, you're bordering on fostering a stereotype.

If you think a few reprimands on the Internet and a cute avatar will suddenly reduce cell phone use while driving, you will be sorely disappointed.

If it makes one person stop and think about the myopic selfishness of using a cell phone while driving, then it's a good effort.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I had waze for awhile. Nobody in my area ever reported anything so it got dumped. Google maps is better for directions anyway. I can stream the voice directions on blue tooth and never have to look away from the road.

Latest posts

Top Bottom