CT for LCR or Not?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LCR with or w/o Lasergrips

• Total voters

aod93gt

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have read a lot of the previous discussions regarding LCRs and other handguns with lasergrips. I wasn't impressed with other pistols with lasergrips, but it was during the bright daylight.

I plan on purchasing a new LCR and can't make up my mind if I should spend the extra $200 for the CT grips. I could always add them later for around $215.

What do you think?

Joe

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have the LCR, bought it a couple months ago. I chose not to get the laser, only because I wasn't sure if I wanted it on there or not and figured I could always add it on later. But, I guess the laser may be nice to have if you're ever having to use it in a dark house or something.

possum skinner

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Bought the LCR with Laser last week. Really hadn't planned on getting the laser grip, but my wife went and when she tried it, she said I had to get that one. "I think she wants it for her conceal carry." Anyway, this is my first experience with laser grips, and I couldn't be happier. I say if money does'nt stop you, get the laser.

Old Fart

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm not sure I see the need for the laser on a mouse gun.
Well at least not for me anyway.
My opinion is it's a relatively close quarter gun.
If you're having problems point shooting with it you may want to check out other options.
I kind of feel like they are a inside 20 foot weapon.
I can easily hit a torso inside that distance by point shooting.
But heck the laser sure wouldn't hurt if you can spring for it.
I would vote for buying $200 worth of ammo and becoming more comfortable with it.

Old Fart

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Okay my bad.
I didn't read the post title well.
For a revolver it might be handy.
For some reason I read LCP not LCR................................Oldfartitis.
But still $200 worth of ammo to practice with might eliminate the need for a laser.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I like the laser. Worthless in the daylight, but you don't need it then.

One advantage of a laser in low light contitions, is you can be in cover and shoot from akward positions and never have to look at the gun. Where the dot is, there is soon to be a bullet.

Latest posts

Top Bottom