Cummins agrees to pay $1.67 billion to settle claims it bypassed emissions tests

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ryan500L

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Dont do it! Dont do it!

Had a cousin that had a nice vw diesel and they caved and sold it.

If vw or cummins was doing me right like that I would not want to give anyone the chance to ruin it for me!
I don't believe I will be taking mine in. They'll just de-tune it. Have less power and less fuel mileage.

OHJEEZE

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I don't believe I will be taking mine in. They'll just de-tune it. Have less power and less fuel mileage.
People like you need some sort of scanner tool that you can copy the program to just in case of a unwanted reprogram.

Unfortunately if it goes to a dealer for some sort of service. The dealer will preform the "tune-up" without asking for your approval. They'd probably do it behind ones back so they could bill the manufacture!

Ryan500L

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
People like you need some sort of scanner tool that you can copy the program to just in case of a unwanted reprogram.

Unfortunately if it goes to a dealer for some sort of service. The dealer will preform the "tune-up" without asking for your approval. They'd probably do it behind ones back so they could bill the manufacture!
Mine is long out of warranty so I won't be taking it back to the dealership.

Last edited:

bushmaster06

Hoist the black flag.
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

You can already buy ECU flashes at any number of places.

Latest posts

Top Bottom