Cutting Neighbor's Trees Over Property Lines

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

beast1989

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm not suggesting you do this but I used to cut these little vines things that had flowers on them that hung over my moms fence and throw them back over to the neighbors during the night. Sometimes part of the lower stem would grow our way through a gap and I could cut it pretty far down the vine. Lol

Brandi

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I looked that up awhile back and found it's legal to trim the tree limbs on your side. However if the trimming is of the quantity that may damage or kill the tree you may find yourself liable. Best bet is always to talk to the tree owner and if they give you any grief remind them that under Oklahoma law you have the right to trim anything on your side and any resistance on their part may constitute a violation of law and them bearing the brunt of legal recourse, not you.

gl55

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I already blow the pine needles off my driveway back onto their property. These are from a row of 10 pine trees that run the whole length of my driveway about 120 ft long from the house to the street. These trees are 1 ft from my driveway that is on the property line. This time a year it is a daily chore.

gl55

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I bought my house from the neighbors mother and father. This house was built first on a couple of acres then part of the property was deeded off and they built their house about 8 years later. I'm sure a lot of things were done because her mom and dad lived next door. Well guess what. Mom and dad haven't lived here in 15 years and I'm tired of a lot of their crap. There was never a fence in the back yard between the properties because of that. Well a couple of years ago I got tired of looking at their mess in their back yard and put up a fence. They got all but hurt over that because thay lost some access to their back yard on that side of their house because they planted a Bradford Pear tree 2 feet off the property line on that side of the house. Had they not planted that tree they would have had the same access thay had before the fence went up. They never once offered to share some of the cost of the fence but they had no problem putting up gates that butt up to their new free fence.

beast1989

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
You sound like you are about to go postal lol. Instead of harboring resentment for years and THEN doing something about it you need to nip it in the bud as things happen as much as the law will allow. Their freedom ends where yours begins brother

Last edited:

gl55

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I think it was a couple of summers ago OKC was losing a lot of pine trees because of either some kind of beetle or disease. I was hoping and praying but they didn't seem to be effected. She is going to really get pissed when I start cutting on the Bradford Pear tree. Even though it looks like hell because an ice storm a couple of years ago broke off a big part of it in the middle.

Latest posts

Top Bottom