CV.......how long till it's under control ?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hangfire

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Granted this is just one gals opinion but it did get me to thinking.

I met a gent at the range yesterday morning and naturally the Corona-Virus came up.

Anyway, I grew up in the 50's when (just for one example) polio was running wild and moms were lined up getting their kids inoculated.....I was five or six when I had mine.

With kids now having to have certain shots prior to starting school we've pretty much got a lot of diseases under control......that is as long as parents continue to get their kids inoculated.

The gent I was talking with at the range yesterday said he was talking to his out of state daughter in the medical research field and she feels that even after they come up with a vaccine (for the worlds 7.3 billion population) that it will take 5 to 10 years till we will have the CV pretty much under control and till then it will keep rearing it's ugly head.

Your thoughts ?

druryj

In Remembrance / Dec 27 2021
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Who knows? They could discover a vaccine or some sort of cure tomorrow, or it might never be discovered. It would be great if the discovery were made that something already on hand and readily available was the ticket.

I’m beginning to think that we are on the verge of a long haul effort to get this thing under control. Our world sure is a different place than it was just a few short weeks ago.
I don’t think anybody can deny that. Maybe it’s just Nature’s way...to periodically thin the herd.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dale00

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Think about who gains from it not being under control: big government.
How much safety is enough? For many people there can never be enough.

mr ed

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
It will still be here 50 years from now. How serious? Who knows!
There are currently 8 Corona virus circling the globe including 2 strains of covid19.
Covid 19 type L and type S.
Each just waiting for the right conditions to strike again.
Hopefully scientists will also develop a vaccine for this one soon.

Human Coronavirus Types
Scientists have divided coronaviruses into four sub-groupings, called alpha, beta, gamma, and delta. Seven of these viruses can infect people. The four common ones are:

• 229E (alpha)
  • NL63 (alpha)
  • OC43 (beta)
  • HKU1 (beta)
The three less-common ones are:

• MERS-CoV, a beta virus that causes Middle East respiratory syndrome (MERS)
  • SARS-CoV, a beta virus that causes severe acute respiratory syndrome (SARS)
  • SARS-CoV-2, which causes COVID-19 Types L and S

Latest posts

Top Bottom