CV.......how long till it's under control ?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bigred1

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
30 days of doing the "safer at home" thing and I'm fine. What? No really I'm fine.
20200411_203316.jpg

emapples

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Granted this is just one gals opinion but it did get me to thinking.

I met a gent at the range yesterday morning and naturally the Corona-Virus came up.

Anyway, I grew up in the 50's when (just for one example) polio was running wild and moms were lined up getting their kids inoculated.....I was five or six when I had mine.

With kids now having to have certain shots prior to starting school we've pretty much got a lot of diseases under control......that is as long as parents continue to get their kids inoculated.

The gent I was talking with at the range yesterday said he was talking to his out of state daughter in the medical research field and she feels that even after they come up with a vaccine (for the worlds 7.3 billion population) that it will take 5 to 10 years till we will have the CV pretty much under control and till then it will keep rearing it's ugly head.

Your thoughts ?
It’s under control now at some point we have to let herd immunity control these things. We wont recover from this for years (Truly recover from the. Money printing etc). Plus this will be used for decades to come
1) to create a cashless society (don't need that pesky money floating around spreading germs)
2) it will be used to highlight the failures of capitalism
3) The earth day folks will use it as well, they will say see how slowing the economy for only a few months reduced global warming? We need to do this every years for a month or two.
4) We will become more susceptible to super bugs as we all continue over use sanitizers more frequently then we ever did before. The bugs will adapt as they always have and become immune eventually.

I don't think we come out of this without significant changes brought about by the fear we have generated, I mean **** we have 22,000 deaths since January, Now do opioids, car wrecks, flu, smoking, you name it we likely have 100’s of things kill more people then this will. And we don’t shut down the global economy for these situations. They estimate 50% of the people who are infected show no symptoms, and don’t ever show symptoms they recover and go on. Perhaps SARS was more widespread here in the US back then and we didn’t really know, thus we have some level of immunity to it already. The more interesting part is the two strains one came from Europe (which is what is afflicting New York) and the other strain from Wuhan (which is afflicting Washington)

John6185

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Like Ronald Reagan said, a government that is big enough to give you everything is big enough to take everything from you. I didn't know it but several years or more ago a guy told me that if the government was depositing a check in your bank account, the government could also take from your bank account if you owed the government money. I don't know if that's true or not but there are funds that cannot be seized such as Social Security and other pensions.

Last edited:

CHenry

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Granted this is just one gals opinion but it did get me to thinking.

I met a gent at the range yesterday morning and naturally the Corona-Virus came up.

Anyway, I grew up in the 50's when (just for one example) polio was running wild and moms were lined up getting their kids inoculated.....I was five or six when I had mine.

With kids now having to have certain shots prior to starting school we've pretty much got a lot of diseases under control......that is as long as parents continue to get their kids inoculated.

The gent I was talking with at the range yesterday said he was talking to his out of state daughter in the medical research field and she feels that even after they come up with a vaccine (for the worlds 7.3 billion population) that it will take 5 to 10 years till we will have the CV pretty much under control and till then it will keep rearing it's ugly head.

Your thoughts ?

polio took 15-20 years to eradicate I think.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Like Ronald Reagan said, a government that is big enough to give you everything is big enough to take everything from you. I didn't know it but several years or more ago a guy told me that if the government was depositing a check in your bank account, the government could also take from your bank account if you owed the government money. I don't know if that's true or not but there are funds that cannot be seized such as Social Security and other pensions.
Owe the IRS some money and see what the government can do. They will put a lien on everything you own and lock down your bank accounts. Been there and done that. They don't apologize nor offer reimbursement for legal fees when they are found wrong either.

SoonerP226

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Owe the IRS some money and see what the government can do. They will put a lien on everything you own and lock down your bank accounts. Been there and done that. They don't apologize nor offer reimbursement for legal fees when they are found wrong either.
It's not just the KGB, err, IRS. A friend's dad was a veteran, and was deemed due some kind of VA cash benefits (dunno the details, but I think it for was a service-related illness). The VA successfully ran out the clock on him, and he died before the VA came across with the money. My friend had used some of the money from the VA (which had been deposited into his dad's checking account) for his dad's "final expenses" when the VA, having finally realized that they had successfully screwed another veteran, caused Omar Bradley to do one more rotation in his grave, and yanked the money back out of the account.

Latest posts

Top Bottom