Dangerous Dogs

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cowadle

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
the meanest most bad assed dog i have ever owned was a poodle. let me tell you he was ten pounds and all ten pounds of kill em. you couldn't get within ten foot of me without a challenge. i had one rule with him"if he killed you he had to eat you"fortunately i never had to use that rule. most of the pits i have been around were pussycats. that one in the photo with the clipped ears is a liability to its owners and the public and gives the rest of the breed a bad name.

I raised Pits that looked like that and subjected them to all kinds of people and they loved all people.
I kept them in my own yard.
They were ADBA registered champion bloodline Colby, Witherspoon.

But as much as I loved those dogs if they got out and charged a person and the person killed it I would be highly apologetic to that person.

And would pray that nothing happened to that person.

I love the American pit bull terrier and wish all people would raise them correctly and contain them correctly ,, if they don't that just gives more fuel to the bad rap these dogs get.

I had a friend that had a pit mix.. it hated all his friends.. would not let people out of their vehicles. He kept it behind a 4 foot chain link fence which it could jump over easily.

Every time I went to his place the dog jumped the fence and pinned me in my vehicle until my buddy came out.

I started taking tender beef jerky out there. I would feed it to the dog when I arrived and sneak him a chunk when I left there.
Dog ate it the first time, after 4 times going out there the dog ran to my van door and sat down and waited for a treat wagging his tail.

I gave him some jerky and got out and walked to the door of the house and rang the bell.

He opened the door and asked how I got up there and I said I just walked.
He asked if I seen his dog.. Yep.
He went on to tell me that dog likes no one... I told him the dog likes me.

It was quite some time before I told him his dog likes jerky also.

That dog was kept away from all people except his kids and him and his wife.
That is where the problem begins.

I almost want to come out to your place and have a talk with the pit owners and tell them what bad name they are enforcing on the pit bull breed.

Bluewing

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Lot's of good advice. Hang in there. I moved into a new home out in the county And had my own bad dog issues with a neighbor. Long story short....1 dead with a 20 gauge slug. The other two had to be fenced with an6 ft chain link per instructions from the DA. The kept them up for awhile then started letting them run at night. I am in the county. Dogs had a history of snapping at kids waiting for the bus. Other neighbors got the other two. One thing though... Anybody remember the federal vicious r dog law. The DA told me that it went by population size of the county..? OK City was the only one big enough. I am not a lawyer but someone on here might want to verify. You are doing the right thing, hang in there.

Junior Bonner

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Lot's of good advice. Hang in there. I moved into a new home out in the county And had my own bad dog issues with a neighbor. Long story short....1 dead with a 20 gauge slug. The other two had to be fenced with an6 ft chain link per instructions from the DA. The kept them up for awhile then started letting them run at night. I am in the county. Dogs had a history of snapping at kids waiting for the bus. Other neighbors got the other two. One thing though... Anybody remember the federal vicious r dog law. The DA told me that it went by population size of the county..? OK City was the only one big enough. I am not a lawyer but someone on here might want to verify. You are doing the right thing, hang in there.

Thanks. When we went to get gas a few minutes ago, the dogs did not charge at us, there was not a sign of them. Not even any barking. I am thinking that the dogs may have been relocated. Putting up a fence is not something these people would do. I think that they would chain them to a tree. Like I told the property owner, I would forego the vet bill if they would put up a nice fenced in enclosure for the animals. But they wouldn't do it. So, I could be wrong and maybe the dogs are still there, but one thing is certain; visits by Law Enforcement would be disruptive and they don't want that. It could be that this is the eye of the hurricane, and when the eye passes over, the attacks will resume. If so, I will complicate their pursuit of happiness with continued visits to the Sheriff's office.

Junior Bonner

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I prefer a 30-30 when killing a dog in my yard. Turns em inside out.

I understand your frustration, but recidivism is often a random factor hovering over the equation when it comes to owners who let dangerous dogs roam freely. If I am forced to unleash my dark sword on these juggernauts of muscle and teeth, then you will see the pics, here, on OSA. But until that moment of truth arrives, I will continue to employ the wheels of the Law.

VIKING

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'd say Junior is handling it the right way..My daddy always told me to never get into a feud with someone that has nothing to lose..Sounds like the neighbors would fit that description pretty well..

Latest posts

Top Bottom