Daughter’s remodel project-what can granite be used for?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SlugSlinger

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I heard you cannot set something hot on quartz and it will stain.

He’s in IT.

In a kitchen quartz is better. It's manmade so no innate flaws that can crack. No real maintenance like granite either. But if you take it outside it's like a vampire. It turns to dust, haha!

What's her hubby do?

TinkerTanker

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I heard you cannot set something hot on quartz and it will stain.

He’s in IT.
Quartz handles temps up to 400 degrees. Cheap chinese quartz? your guess is as good as any. They put a lot of fillers in there. We had Cambria put in our house a few years ago. No problems and it's handled several apple pies and turkey dinners.

IT hmm....Not much cause for a worktable there unless he's in hardware assembly. You could use it to make new house numbers. this guy made coasters

Firpo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
It'll be good for a leatherwork table top, outdoor kitchen counter, any kind of worktop that needs to be flat and heavy (no hammers).
Yup, I haven’t jumped into leather craft too much yet but had them leave the cut out for the kitchen sink when they put in granite countertops just for that purpose.
SlugSlinger, how much are we talking about? Not a whole lot of use for countertops other than, well, countertops. You could make yourself a fancy grilling area/outdoor kitchen. Maybe benches for the yard.

Latest posts

Top Bottom