Daughter’s remodel project-what can granite be used for?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PanhandleGlocker

Sharpshooter
Special Hen Banned
Reaction score
Yup, I haven’t jumped into leather craft too much yet but had them leave the cut out for the kitchen sink when they put in granite countertops just for that purpose.
SlugSlinger, how much are we talking about? Not a whole lot of use for countertops other than, well, countertops. You could make yourself a fancy grilling area/outdoor kitchen. Maybe benches for the yard.

My dad used the granite cut out from my parents kitchen sink for leather work as well. Worked real well.

swampratt

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have an outdoor cooking area I built and granite counter top leftover pieces.
The frame is angle iron and then old galvanized barn metal and a counter sunk 3/16" thick 24" wide grill with a top off of another grill.
Notice the granite sides sorry raining and not going out for a better picture.

Yea it is messy.
Looks and works great for food prep and staging area.

You could make a matching table eating area it cuts super easy with a circular saw with a smooth diamond wheel.
Glue it to a wooden spool for a neat table top and you could cut and sand it round.

001.JPG

swampratt

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I also cast my homemade muzzleloader bullets which come out of the mold smooth sided no lube grooves.
I have a double cut flat file and place a bullet on a hard surface and place the file on top of it and apply pressure and roll the bullet with file bearing down on it.

You get a bullet that looks like this.
1665891990232.png

Lube it load it and shoot it.
The above picture is a Hornady bullet.
https://www.opticsplanet.com/hornad...-357-148-gr-hollow-base-wadcutter-250-bo.html

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
It’s granite. I think they are installing quartz for some reason.
Installing Quartz because it has zero maintenance issues.
Granite can stain with red wine or other liquids if not sealed annually.
We opted for Quartz in our home because of that issue.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I heard you cannot set something hot on quartz and it will stain.
Quartz is ground granite bonded into a shape. Hot objects will have the potential to disrupt that bonding material. It's always recommended to put down a pad so the heat doesn't get to the counter top.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Yup, I haven’t jumped into leather craft too much yet but had them leave the cut out for the kitchen sink when they put in granite countertops just for that purpose.
SlugSlinger, how much are we talking about? Not a whole lot of use for countertops other than, well, countertops. You could make yourself a fancy grilling area/outdoor kitchen. Maybe benches for the yard.
Put those cutout's back into the sink to make more counter space with a finger hole to remove them when needing the sink. Our RV builder did that and it's a great idea.

Latest posts

Top Bottom