Deal gone south...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cjjtulsa

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Could this be an instance where the buyer contacted the seller via Personal Message before (or without) posting "I will take it" on the forum ad? I know I have contacted a seller via PM without posting "I will take it."
Could be - but most forums have the rule that an "I'll take it" gets it. Leaving an ad open after someone has already claimed it behind the scenes isn't right, either. If it's SPF - mark it that way.

I've never had a problem up until the last several months.

Glock 40

Problem Solver
Special Hen
Reaction score
Your correct its not a straw purchase. It was thinking he wanted it and daughter was going to pick it up. My bad on that. Op is a 11 year member and if link to recently sold P365 is the one he speaks of. Which he hasn't confirmed he is a 15 year member. So what constitutes an established member?

Could be - but most forums have the rule that an "I'll take it" gets it. Leaving an ad open after someone has already claimed it behind the scenes isn't right, either. If it's SPF - mark it that way.

I made a deal a couple nights ago. Posted in thread what I wanted and said a PM is incoming. My goal was to cover my bases and get comms started for a smooth transaction. It was just that smooth.

I think part of the problem is some people do sale adds with PM only and don't allow comments. Sometimes you would think because they don't want their high price or POS item made fun of. Either-way there are so many variables that go into a sale. A simple IWTI doesn't cover them all. Lots of folks have stuff posted here AL and other forums. Or it sells and they forget to take down a thread.

TerryMiller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Well, it may not mean anything, and I don't know the guy that was selling the firearm, but I went to his profile and looked at his "content" here on the forums. Out of 25 pages of content, I checked the first 5 pages and all but one or two were in the classifieds. I didn't check the other 20 pages to see if this person had done much more on the forums other than sell stuff.

DavidMcmillan

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

sometimes the timing of deals falls when you don’t have the time or ability to respond at the moment. None of what we do here is “life or death” importance.

TSQUARE

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have bought and sold a ton on here and this is the first negative I am aware of. We made a tentative deal, if you or anyone here has ever not been stood up on a deal then you are lucky.

We (the daughter and I) had a time set. She texted yesterday to change the time. No worries. I specifically said to text me before hand to verify.

I made a deal and sold both of the guns I had listed to the same person for full asking price. Before the set time she had tentatively set.

I have alsways told people I won’t hold anything! I apologize for the inconvenience and the trouble it may have caused. I do wish you would have reached out to me personally instead of starting a thread on it, but it is what it is.

Yes, I sell a lot and buy a lot. I don’t gouge people. So anyone that has a problem with the amount of trades I do, feel free to block me!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Top Bottom