Deal gone south...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BobbyV

Are you serious?
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Been here since 2009, and never had any issues up until somewhat lately. Worst one was I claimed the rifle, the seller then posted about 10 minutes later saying that it was SPF and posted a claim time that was after my "I'll take it" post - and mine was the only reply to his FS thread. That's piss-poor. Had another similar instance after that, so I've pretty much come to the realization that "I'll take it" now carries little weight here.

Maybe the buyer reached out via PM before your reply in the listing thread?

Aries

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Okay, so what if someone posts "I'll take it", and I haven't replied to them. Then one of my friends, or one of my OSA board heroes like druryj tells me they want it. And I'd rather sell it to someone I know or have had positive interactions with on the board. Am I obligated to sell it to the first person who replied "I'll take it", or can I sell it to whomever I prefer regardless of the time stamp?

tRidiot

Perpetually dissatisfied
Special Hen
Reaction score
Okay, so what if someone posts "I'll take it", and I haven't replied to them. Then one of my friends, or one of my OSA board heroes like druryj tells me they want it. And I'd rather sell it to someone I know or have had positive interactions with on the board. Am I obligated to sell it to the first person who replied "I'll take it", or can I sell it to whomever I prefer regardless of the time stamp?

No, you can sell to whomever you want. I usually list explicit instructions in my FS posts about selling to whom I wish.

Latest posts

Top Bottom