Deal gone south...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pstmstr

AKA Michael Cox. Back by popular demand.
Special Hen Banned
Reaction score
On most forums - not on this one. "I'll take it" carries no weight here.

I disagree. To those of us who have been in the forum a long time I’ll take means I’ll take it. I’ve made a lot of transactions and only had a couple of issues with new people. If you’re tire kicking or show up and try to offer less then that’s another story.
I’ve also had numerous transactions with TSquare and they’ve all been fine. Not sure what happened here but it’s not the norm for sure.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

tRidiot

Perpetually dissatisfied
Special Hen
Reaction score
I've dealt with TSQUARE once I think and it went well. And I also usually think "I'll take it" puts a hold on other deals. At least here on OSA.

After several deals on AL to try to get my new rifle built, I don't hold anything for them. I tell them to meet me now or if it goes between now and "on Friday when I get paid" then that's life. Been stood up too many times, finally gave up on the tire kickers, the negotiators and the BS.

TSQUARE

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
There was no “I’ll take it” and no “spf” on the for sell post. There was a “PM Sent”. That’s it.

He sent my info to the other party. They contacted me and we made a tentative time to meet. I don’t know the op, or his daughter. I don’t know anything other than they say they want it.

A time was set, a location was set, and I said to verify with me before hand. The time was changed by the buyer, and someone else (on this forum) messaged me with cash in hand.

I went with the buyer that wanted both guns at full asking price and made the sell.

I did make a mistake of not informing the original interested party that they had sold (I had to get to work). That was my mistake. Again, I apologize for any trouble it may have caused.

Anyone else here have any questions about it, or want to bash me for selling or trading on here are free to PM me directly. I encourage it. Other than that, I apologize to the OP and hope that he will accept it.

PBramble

Let's Eat
Special Hen
Reaction score
Did you sell that Remington out of your shop? Where’s it at?

I've put one on here in about 2 years and as usual can't get a deal done here. Still sitting here in my safe. Don't have an FFL to do that kind of business. I just wanted to check out his store. I'm guessing there isn't one so the egg is on my face. Anyway, I'm done mucking up OPs thread.

cjjtulsa

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I disagree. To those of us who have been in the forum a long time I’ll take means I’ll take it. I’ve made a lot of transactions and only had a couple of issues with new people. If you’re tire kicking or show up and try to offer less then that’s another story.
I’ve also had numerous transactions with TSquare and they’ve all been fine. Not sure what happened here but it’s not the norm for sure.

Been here since 2009, and never had any issues up until somewhat lately. Worst one was I claimed the rifle, the seller then posted about 10 minutes later saying that it was SPF and posted a claim time that was after my "I'll take it" post - and mine was the only reply to his FS thread. That's piss-poor. Had another similar instance after that, so I've pretty much come to the realization that "I'll take it" now carries little weight here.

1911Sooner

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Sometimes its hard to post "Ill take it" when the ad isn't left open. I wish that option would go away and not allow closed ads so everyone has a chance to reply in it.

JD8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Been here since 2009, and never had any issues up until somewhat lately. Worst one was I claimed the rifle, the seller then posted about 10 minutes later saying that it was SPF and posted a claim time that was after my "I'll take it" post - and mine was the only reply to his FS thread. That's piss-poor. Had another similar instance after that, so I've pretty much come to the realization that "I'll take it" now carries little weight here.

Established members?

I don't buy and sell much any more, had some bad experiences too. However there are definitely some names I wouldn't hesitate to deal with.

BobbyV

Are you serious?
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Could this be an instance where the buyer contacted the seller via Personal Message before (or without) posting "I will take it" on the forum ad? I know I have contacted a seller via PM without posting "I will take it."

This has happened with a few of the items I've sold on here . . . folks contacted me via PM instead of posting a reply.

Latest posts

Top Bottom