Dealers under attack, Dealers gone!!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

twoguns?

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I believe it actually is.

Not necessarily, everyone gets depressed at some point in time, its what you do with it that is in question.
And Not one I want the .gov to regulate.

.Looks like they cant take our guns,,,But they can get involved ...Everywhere else

.What about the National debt, mental health care, our homeless Vets,,,,Yeah your not hearing much about that anymore are you?

twoguns?

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Back to the thread , I dont mind showing my Dl or CWL card, but i'm not fond of the idea of someone I dont know having that much persol info written down about me

. i.e. I dont know what agenda they have.....to take their merchandice back at a later date? plus more
If its the Law I will abide by it, or go buy a new gun, since the boating accident, I have some making up to do ;)

Billybob

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The law is the law and we need to keep the wrong people from getting guns right?

Markwayne Mullin, owner of Mullin Plumbing, has admitted giving guns to Timothy Lee Saylor who had been convicted of multiple felonies in California. Saylor also pleaded guilty in 2009 to possessing firearms and ammunition in Oklahoma and served two years in federal prison. He was released earlier this month (May 2012).

The 2009 Oklahoma conviction came following a raid on the Broken Arrow location of Mullin Plumbing where officers found a cache of weapons and ammunition inside a safe in Saylor’s office. Documents show that Saylor was employed as a supervisor at Mullin Plumbing for a period of approximately two years and he apparently was a close friend of Mullin.

Markwayne Mullin admitted in federal affidavits to having Saylor at his home on several occasions to shoot guns. He also said that he had given pistols to Saylor “to clean” and that the Chinese made semi-automatic pistol found inside Saylor’s gun safe belongs to him. Saylor also told officers that he reloaded .40 caliber ammunition for Mullin. Mullin also fits the description of the individual who purchased a Russian-made shotgun for Saylor.

Mullin has stated that he performs background checks on all of his employees and authorities could reasonably suspect he would have had knowledge of Saylor’s status as a convicted felon

Although Mullin was not initially charged, the federal felony statute of limitations for giving or purchasing a firearm to a convicted felon is 5 years, leaving prosecutors almost two more years to determine whether they will file charges against him. The maximum sentence is ten years for the offense.

The following was obtained from the federal file on the conviction of Saylor in 2009…

On Feb. 23, 2009 the Broken Arrow Police Department and agents from the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco and Firearms (ATF) conducted a search of Mullin Plumbing located at 118 South Elm Place in Broken Arrow, Oklahoma.

A known informant had provided information to agents that Timothy Saylor, a supervisor working for Mullin, possessed a large cache of firearms including shotguns, rifles and pistols in a gun safe located within his office at Mullin Plumbing, according to court documents. The informant stated that Saylor “appears to be mentally unstable at times and violent and makes threatening comments toward or about co-workers and employees.”

Officers obtained a search warrant and contacted Saylor who initially claimed the gun safe belonged to the owner of Mullin Plumbing, Markwayne Mullin. The safe was approximately five feet tall and two feet wide metal Sentry brand gun safe and was located in Saylor’s office, according court records.

Mullin initially said the safe was his but later said that it belonged to Saylor. Mullin was present during the search and gave officers consent to search a company van that Saylor operated. The van search revealed a large cache of pistol ammunition and empty shell casing and gun cleaning paraphernalia. Officers located firearms inside the safe and office of Saylor. Police seized multiple firearms including shotguns, gun cases, pistols, revolvers, hundreds of rounds ammunition and magazines.

Officers arrested Saylor and multiple charges were brought against him. Saylor later pleaded guilty to a felon in possession of a firearm and ammunition charge.

Saylor’s arrest has left some unanswered questions for prosecutors about Mullin’s level of involvement.

Saylor, a convicted felon, had been working for Mullin Plumbing for approximately two years as a supervisor. According to statements by Mullin, it is his company’s policy to perform background checks on every employee, due to the fact that they do business in the homes and businesses of their customers. Saylor was a supervisor for the company.

Saylor’s previous felonies were for possess/manufacture/sell dangerous weapon; threaten crime with intent to terrorize. Additionally, Saylor had served prison time in California for possession of explosive device, making a destructive device without permit, carrying loaded firearm, assault and battery, assault with caustic chemical and threats.

If Mullin had conducted a background check on the employee he would have had knowledge of these convictions, police contend. Police also suggest that it was clear from that Saylor had a long history of firearm related violations and suspicious behavior

Mullin acknowledged in a signed court affidavit regarding an interview conducted by Saylor’s attorney, Shannon McMurray that a previous employee was the informant who turned in the two. Mullin revealed that he believed the informant was former employee, Donald Dunlap. Dunlap was terminated from Mullin Plumbing by Saylor and Mullin. Markwayne Mullin and Mullin plumbing may have had a history of hiring employees with questionable backgrounds according to the informant’s statements.

The issue of whether Mullin actually purchased guns for Saylor is possibly also still being investigated.

Authorities are also questioning why Mullin allowed Saylor to have such a large cache of ammunition at the office? The pistol ammunition located in Saylor’s vehicle did not match that of firearms located inside the safe.

Saylor also told officers that he re-loads ammunition at his home and that he did have additional ammunition and black powder at his home, which was also a violation of federal law.

Saylor’s wife was tipped off by “someone” that authorities had detained Saylor at the Mullin Plumbing office during the raid and she hid several guns in a shed near their home but later revealed their whereabouts to officers. Investigators likely suspect whether Mullin was the one who called her or had another employee make the call.

Further, statements show Saylor told officers that he re-loaded .40 caliber ammunition for Mullin. Mullin has denied that Saylor loaded ammunition for him.

Mullin said in documents that he observed that Saylor was in possession of a shotgun other than the one found in the safe. The Russian shotgun, an Izmash, Model Saiga-12 gauge was seized from the home of Saylor by authorities. This shotgun was purchased illegally through a “straw” purchase according to police documents. Although official documents have removed the name of the third party involved in the purchase of the weapon, certain suspension surrounds Mullin as he had detailed knowledge of the gun.

Additionally, the gun shop owner where the gun was purchased confirmed that a man fitting Markwayne Mullin’s description accompanied Saylor to his business and purchased the shotgun.

http://axiomamuse.wordpress.com/2012/05/21/mullin-open-to-federal-felony-charges/

tul9033

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Isn't one of Mullin's employees still missing?
I never heard any of that story before or during the election. This story certainly raises my eyebrows.

540Z28

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Back to the statement that if you are selling guns for a profit you need to be a dealer. Does this mean if you sell them at a loss you don't need to be a dealer.................or does it just mean you are stupid LOL!

Latest posts

Top Bottom