Debt ceiling speech

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mgarza_a

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
:yelclap:
$250,000 a year makes someone "obscenely wealthy"?

WOW.

I cannot WAIT to pay off my "obscene debt" and get the hell out of this place if that's the kind of mentality that is prevailing in this country. And it seems more and more like it is every day.

I agree that I should pay my share of taxes... but so should everyone else.

Yes sir.... Agree 100% how about everyone that gets back more than they paid in actually carries their weight. Most small business men fall into $250,000 range. I know several small business men who work 70+ hours a week just to make it. Everyone needs to contribute and pay their share of taxes not just the rich.

HMFIC

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

Yes sir.... Agree 100% how about everyone that gets back more than they paid in actually carries their weight. Most small business men fall into $250,000 range. I know several small business men who work 70+ hours a week just to make it. Everyone needs to contribute and pay their share of taxes not just the rich.

Not only do they fall into that range, it's something like 80% of all small businesses only support a sole owner. And that owner will make MUCH less than $250K.

It's pretty sad really. I'd like to see hard data on just how many people end up not paying any taxes at all, how many get checks back that are more than they paid in, etc... I think if we all knew the exact details without any skewing and spin, we'd be VERY pi$$ed.

jrusling

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Not only do they fall into that range, it's something like 80% of all small businesses only support a sole owner. And that owner will make MUCH less than $250K.

It's pretty sad really. I'd like to see hard data on just how many people end up not paying any taxes at all, how many get checks back that are more than they paid in, etc... I think if we all knew the exact details without any skewing and spin, we'd be VERY pi$$ed.

How about those people that get subsidized home phones and cell phones. I really have a hard time understanding why I should be paying for free long distance, data plans and messaging plans. I can understand why some people might need help for a basic phone, but not the bells and whistles.

Mgarza_a

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
According to the tax foundation and the tax policy center between 41% to 47% of filers either have zero income tax liability for negative tax liability. This is absurd and why we need tax reform.

Grendel

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
how about everyone that gets back more than they paid in actually carries their weight.

And why shouldn't the corporate entities in this country carry their weight as well? There are thousands of stories about corporations who do not pay ANY Local or State income or property taxes (in an effort to get those business to locate to those areas). Meanwhile our State and Local governments are literally going bankrupt, closing services, laying people off, and putting off major infrastructure projects because they can't pay for them. Why should individual citizens carry all of the burden of funding the government? And why should the tax burden fall at the feet of those who don't have special Congressional loopholes built in for them or an army of lawyers and accountant to find every tax break and rebate possible? You guys keep talking about how everyone should pay their share, but right now the super rich and giant corporations do not pay their share.

I'm not really talking about small business owners. I'm talking about the people at the top of the multi-national corporations who receive more in bonuses every year than all us on the OSA forum will see in our entire lifetimes put together. The only reason the President set the $250,000 benchmark was so that he and members of Congress would be included in the tax hike.

HMFIC

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
How about those people that get subsidized home phones and cell phones. I really have a hard time understanding why I should be paying for free long distance, data plans and messaging plans. I can understand why some people might need help for a basic phone, but not the bells and whistles.

I don't disagree at all.

Latest posts

Top Bottom