Decriminalization? How Did That Work for Portland?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fredkrueger100

Dream Master
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Ah yes. 95,000 annual deaths and around 14.5 mil alcoholics. Working great.

480,000 deaths a year for smokers.

but weed baaaaaaaaad bc muh pastor said jesus wouldnt approve
My preacher actually said from the pulpit that weed is good for a lot of medicinal reasons. Also, I believe all drugs should be legal. The government has no business telling someone what they can and can’t take. Their “war on drugs” ain’t worked out so well. But it was never about the drugs. The government don’t care about us dying. It was all about the government gaining more power and control over us. They use emotion all the time for this very reason. Many are in agreement with the government regulating drugs. Which equates to them being in agreement with the government having more power and control over us.

Raido Free America

Radio Free America
Special Hen
Reaction score
Sounds cold, but I call it a good thing. "overdose deaths hit an all-time high in 2021 with 1069, a 41% increase from 2020. "
The very same people that think evolution, natural selection, is how we got to here, HOWL, when the very same process, eliminates the weak, unfit humans, to prevent the pollution the GENE POOL! Is that not the essence of natural selection?

Raido Free America

Radio Free America
Special Hen
Reaction score
My preacher actually said from the pulpit that weed is good for a lot of medicinal reasons. Also, I believe all drugs should be legal. The government has no business telling someone what they can and can’t take. Their “war on drugs” ain’t worked out so well. But it was never about the drugs. The government don’t care about us dying. It was all about the government gaining more power and control over us. They use emotion all the time for this very reason. Many are in agreement with the government regulating drugs. Which equates to them being in agreement with the government having more power and control over us.
All anyone has to do is drive down any street in LA, San Francisco, Porland, Seattle, etc. to see how well this is working! These places, and soon all towns, and ciities, must be what it looked like when all the GREAT CIVILAISATION, OF HISTORY WERE DYING, Most of them lasted 600, 800+ years, Ours is only what, 247 years old? GOOD LUCK TO OUR KIDS, GRAND KIDS!

trekrok

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The biggest problem with everything being legal in my mind is that society doesn't have the stomach for the consequences. I'm fine legalizing whatever, but I'm not fine paying for someone's bad choices. IE when someone overdoses and must be revived and hospitalized etc, I shouldn't have to pay for it. If the addict can, fine. But seems unlikely.

Maybe the dealers would step up and start carrying Narcan or whatever so as to prevent diminishing their customer base?

Chuckie

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Yeah, I know. It's Portland, but the numbers aren't good.

Portland Drug Decriminalization Effort is a Tragedy

"The new law made possession of those substances no more than a Class E violation, the equivalent of a traffic ticket punishable by a maximum $100 fine. But the fine is dismissed when someone who is fined calls a help hotline, Lines for Life, and completes a health assessment. The idea is to connect drug abusers with services and treatment instead of putting them behind bars.

Sixteen months into this first-in-the-nation experiment, the numbers paint a bleak picture. Drug overdose deaths hit an all-time high in 2021 with 1069, a 41% increase from 2020. And very few people are getting into treatment. According to The Lund Report, after one year, just 136 people had entered treatment, less than 1% of those helped by Measure 110. But the actual number may be even lower."
Yeah, the Dems really 'Screwed the Pooch' on that one :laugh6:

Chuckie

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I could agree that by making some of the [now illegal] drugs legal, the government could earn a fortune in things like business permit fees and product taxes, but I could never condone the [probable] higher crime rate and threat imposed upon me and my family because of the addicts need to finance their insatiable addiction, nor would I ever consent to finance that need.

Snattlerake

Conservitum Americum
Special Hen
Reaction score
You have to watch the entire video to really understand the dynamics.

Here it is in a nutshell

The people on the ground have a sign that triggered a trans kid who left campus and went home to his/her safe space.

The people on top of the building are hecklers and social workers and are saying Eff you and showing the bird to the people on the ground.

The hecklers come down to confront and disperse their rhetoric upon the people on the ground.

The host politely changes the sign's punctuation to make it a question instead of a white privileged social stereotyped statement about only being two genders.

The host tries to explain several times what he is doing as it is a game to get people to think about their position on any subject.

The hecklers are having none of the explanation or the game and continue to push their nonsense with one (girl) even identifying as non gendered depending upon how she feels that day with her non socially assigned pronouns of Xi and some other crap.

One person finally asks the host about his presence there and says we came down to see what you were doing.

The host challenges this statement and askes the crowd if that was really why they came down.

The hecklers start in again with advocating for the socially oppressed with his being white he was automatically racist and assumes peoples gender and being male or female.

He again asks if they would like to see the game and participate to actually know what he is doing and they all of a sudden leave.

Latest posts

Top Bottom