Deep Freezer- stand up or chest?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NikatKimber

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator
Reaction score
Have a chest freezer as a backup for our kitchen. If I can only have one dedicated freezer, it will be a chest type. I want a stand up one also though.

7stw

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I prefer a chest type but have both. The stand up is easier to organize but have you ever had a frozen roast fall on your toes ? For that reason when the stand up gives up the ghost I'll buy another chest type or two smaller chest types for better organization. I already have a small one just for game qtrs and coyotes bobcats etc that need skinning or further processing. Good luck in your decision

CHenry

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have had both and must say I prefer the upright - not a frost free version though.
The chest seemed to always have several items on bottom which were forgotten and got old. Impossible to rotate food out and organize in any fashion. Recently mom gave me her old 25' upright so I have 2 and need to get rid of the smaller 16'.

The German

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I find it pretty funny that a plus to some people is the ability to use the chest as a table... so you can move more crap before you move the crap in the freezer to get to the crap you need!

inactive

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I find it pretty funny that a plus to some people is the ability to use the chest as a table... so you can move more crap before you move the crap in the freezer to get to the crap you need!

You sound like me talking to my wife.... with all the crap she piles on top of ours.

Latest posts

Top Bottom