Deer Season 2018 Pics/Stories

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bowhunter

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Here’s the jawbone from my buck. Let me know what you guys think.
e9d96e1240b377d37951139e170a06d3.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Oklahomabassin

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Had a pretty darn good youth rifle season. Took my son, daughter and a friends kid. We could have easily tagged out all 3 kids but passed on a handful of deer. My friends got his first whitetail on this hunt. He was very excited, until it came time to field dress lol.

Wanted to teach them to let some grow and not be greedy with your harvest, only take what you need. It was a great learning experience for them and my daughter has become extremely excited about the hunting & outdoors now after I explained conservation/hunting is a love for the animals and the habitat. By harvesting these deer it helps the deer population.

The third picture is something we can probably all relate to. A dad telling his kid “if you shoot it, you clean it!” Lol That my buddy and his first time deer hunter and his doe. I wish I took more pictures but didn’t think much about it.

View attachment 125944 View attachment 125945 View attachment 125946 View attachment 125947
Good stuff Mr. Shooter. Awesome

DreamingMan

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
... the gun went click instead of bang. The result was a bolt that wasn’t all the way forward. Let this be a lesson to everyone else. Don’t make the same mistake.

That happened to me last year at Salt Plains on evening 1. It wasn't a big buck, but a doe and you have to shoot a doe before a buck on many controlled hunts. Didn't get a chance to pull the trigger again :( Yep, lesson learned.

Jared

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Here’s the jawbone from my buck. Let me know what you guys think.
e9d96e1240b377d37951139e170a06d3.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Due to the high peaks on the molars I would assume its a young deer, but from that side view pic all that is for sure is its at least 2.5 yrs old. To age any further I would have to look down at the cusps of the molars to see the dentin vs enamel widths.

Latest posts

Top Bottom