Deer Season 2018 Pics/Stories

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

undeg01

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Pulled the trigger at 4:15 this afternoon. Not the biggest rack on our lease, but the biggest buck.

It was a long shot too. 30 yards!

I had set up on the bean field and had been seeing them come out anywhere from 175 - 450 yds, so I took my 300 Win Mag in anticipation of a long shot. I had calculated distance, drop, wind drift and everything, then hear something behind me at 4:05. Turn and look to see him thrashing a tree. Had to watch him for 10 mins, then he took about 4 steps to present me with a shot. Needless to say, a 300 Win Mag at that distance results in very little tracking needed.
1AA6CD82-D178-4E09-9C8F-CA10555B9160.jpeg

MacFromOK

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Nephew says he didn't see the doe cuz he was focused on shooting the bucks shoulder. I guess this would be possible. Lol. I did tell him that this happening is neat but not what I would call cool cuz he needs to be aware of everything in his "shooting zone".
Hey, at least he shot the doe first... :D

Wonder if she was grazing and raised her head as he fired?

undeg01

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Congrats undeg01! Nice buck!

Thanks. Right back atcha! Took mine for the same reason. There is another out there that my daughter named Fat Daddy. Big mature 8 pt that looks a lot like the one I took, but it is so fat that it has rolls on its neck. He needs to go, and she’s got his number.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Thanks. Right back atcha! Took mine for the same reason. There is another out there that my daughter named Fat Daddy. Big mature 8 pt that looks a lot like the one I took, but it is so fat that it has rolls on its neck. He needs to go, and she’s got his number.
We have some real toads around and don't need anymore poor genes to pass around.

Latest posts

Top Bottom