Dems bring in crowds by the busload to fill stadium for Obama speech

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

vvvvvvv

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
No, but somehow I'll bet we,(and our kids/grandkids) pay for it.

If it makes you feel any better, around a third is intragovernmental debt (i.e. Department A owes Department B $XXX, like the reason that the elevators at the Oklahoma State Capitol were out of certification for a while). Of the $11T that is public debt (or true debt), around $5T is held by foreign entities, meaning that ~$6T is held by domestic non-government entities.

Billybob

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
If it makes you feel any better, around a third is intragovernmental debt (i.e. Department A owes Department B $XXX, like the reason that the elevators at the Oklahoma State Capitol were out of certification for a while). Of the $11T that is public debt (or true debt), around $5T is held by foreign entities, meaning that ~$6T is held by domestic non-government entities.

I don't think it matters who the debt is owed to, only who's going to pay it.

vvvvvvv

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I don't think it matters who the debt is owed to, only who's going to pay it.

Sure it does. A third is purely ledger debt. This ledger debt is what Clinton is referring to when he claims to have "paid down the national debt", and it basically means intragovernmental payment processes were more efficient - likely due to the techno-boom. The real debt (public debt) continued to rise every year of his presidency.

Billybob

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Sure it does. A third is purely ledger debt. This ledger debt is what Clinton is referring to when he claims to have "paid down the national debt", and it basically means intragovernmental payment processes were more efficient - likely due to the techno-boom. The real debt (public debt) continued to rise every year of his presidency.

And who will pay the real debt(public debt),the gov.or the people? Since the gov. gets it's money from the people who, which group will be taxed more to provide the gov.money to pay the "public's" debt?

vvvvvvv

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
And who will pay the real debt(public debt),the gov.or the people? Since the gov. gets it's money from the people who, which group will be taxed more to provide the gov.money to pay the "public's" debt?

.Gov is already paying the public debt. The problem is they issue more debt faster than they pay it off.

We could always require a balanced budget with no tax increases, but then we get everybody complaining that government is cutting spending. And if a Congressman supports cutting spending to anything, he loses votes.

Lurker66

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
To those like Lurker, I don't think it even matters who is going to pay it, as long as it isn't him.

you would be wrong. But on that statement, i dont get stressed worrying what my grandkids or greatgrandkids will pay in taxes. We will always have a big debt and deficit, thats how our economy works. I remember the Reagan years and how Japan "owned" the US. Its really familiar rhetoric if ya listen.

Running a debt clock and making alot of noise about who might be paying for some bus in NC might convince you how to vote but it doesnt mean squat to me.

Lurker66

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
@ post #14

Thats the biggest crock thats told over and over. Surplus? Who gives a dam about surplus when he added a few more trillion to our debt buy the time he left. Clintons so called surplus is more compaiable to a person with a credit card debt that quit making the full amout payment. To a payment about half. Then with the money he wasnt using to pay off the debt called it a surplus.

Surplus. Haaaa. My A$$. Another liberal progressive Democratic lie

And we all do pay in to taxes so how could we not buy into the "each person is responcible for a small slice of the debt" comment of yours?

because you cant just pay off your slice and be done with the debt. Your always gonna owe, until you die. Increase your income tenfold, you'll owe a bigger slice, cut your income to below poverty, your slice becomes null and void.

Do you really think you owe 50+ thousand dollars of debt? Poop.

Latest posts

Top Bottom