dentist taking heat for lion kill

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Another instance where people should be careful before jumping on the bandwagon. This wagon is driven by anti-hunting groups playing on emotions and ignorance, hoping to get more converts and donors.

Yes it is. Jimmy Kimmel even cried on his monologue talking about Cecil. He probably cried when bambi's daddy was killed in the movie. We should send him a box of tissues.

Any y'all know how many lions get killed every year on hunts that don't have a name? Anybody know the body count of humans killed by lions?

TenBears

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
You would think if you spend 50,000 with a business that is licensed by Zimbabwe wildlife, they would make sure you get a legal hunt. It sounds like the dentist followed all the rules, if anyone broke a rule, it would be the state licensed and trained guide. For 50 grand it's not asking much to make sure the countries hunting guides abide by the rules.

henschman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Haters gonna hate.

I for one think it would be pretty awesome to go on a dangerous game hunt in Africa. I don't see myself paying $55,000 for one any time soon though. I doubt I'll ever get sufficiently bored hunting all the cool things there are to hunt here in North America.

Ace_on_the_Turn

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Some seem to be missing the point, or just don't care. I have no issue with these type trophy hunts. Killing an animal just for the thrill of killing is screwed up, but, it's legal and we kill millions of animals each year for food an clothes. But, in this case, an animal was illegally lured out of a protected area. And then shot with an arrow. A f**king arrow. 40 hours later they found the animal, still alive but suffering, and finally killed it with a firearm. Anyone that thinks that hunting large game with a bow and arrow is not barbaric is an idiot. This guy has hunted illegally before. I have zero doubt in my mind he knew what he was doing was illegal. Send him back, let them deal with him, and we can all move on to the next story.

TwoForFlinching

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Arrow hunting big game isn't barbaric... It's challenging as hell. Good hunters pull it off year after year. This dude wasn't using an arrow, he was using a bolt, from a crossbow. He may be an idiot, but it's still not barbaric... he's just a very poor shot.

Latest posts

Top Bottom