Mob kills boy at school

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Snattlerake

Conservitum Americum
Special Hen
Reaction score
I don’t think snattlerake was asking if you had a car or played hopscotch with the kids down the street, I’m pretty sure that he was inquiring as to what you consider your set to be sir. Or to put it simply, were you “bicken back bein’ bool” or were you “chillin, calculating, and conversing with your cousins”?
Precisely. Compton is mostly Piru and Crips isn't it?

Last edited:

Chuckie

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
LOL. I was born/raised in Long Beach and went to college at USC.

My HS had a basketball game in Compton. Our bus had bars on the windows to protect from the bottles being thrown.

We won the game in regulation. They made a shot two seconds after the buzzer but the refs counted it because they were afraid that they would not get out of the gym alive. We lost in overtime.

On the way out, a bunch of black guys were harassing our majorette ... super cute blonde who looked like she fell off the page of a beauty magazine. One of them touched her shoulder, she turned and put her baton in his face and said, "F--- you n-----!". I thought I would be in a fight trying to save her but they fell on the floor laughing. We got on the bus and it started raining beer and Coke bottles.

Things started to change for the worse in the mid-late 70's.
Long Beach, at least when I was a kid, was no cake-walk either. I remember well the fights that went on at Nu-Pike Ion on the beach, especially when the Navy sailors got involved. This was long, long before the Queen Mary II came to Long Beach just before the Navy relocated to San Diego.

Chuckie

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I don’t think snattlerake was asking if you had a car or played hopscotch with the kids down the street, I’m pretty sure that he was inquiring as to what you consider your set to be sir. Or to put it simply, were you “bicken back bein’ bool” or were you “chillin, calculating, and conversing with your cousins”?
Well, put it this way . . . I don't have a hyphen in my heritage (like african - American or some other BS). My ancestry comes from a long line of dirt-farmers out of Iowa (Wapello County), all of which were White, proud, and self-sustaining.

Chuckie

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Most people don't know or realize that many of the communities in the South LA area in the about the '40s-'70s were pretty decent neighborhoods with a ton of white families living in them. Cities like Lawndale, Gardena, Compton, Lynwood, Inglewood were all middle class bedroom communities of Los Angeles. My brother's inlaws grew up and the early part of their marriage, they lived there and always talk about in a positive light about it. Now, not so much. Some of the worst communities in America.
👍 Yep. Difference was as big as day and night when comparing the late 60's to [even] the mid-70's. Same changes as I'm seeing going on now in Midwest City.

Being that I'm going to have to move anyway, I'm really toying with the idea of moving to Wapello County, Iowa if for no other reason than to be buried in the old family cemetery that contains 10-20 of my ancestors, when I die.

Raido Free America

Radio Free America
Special Hen
Reaction score
What city in Idaho?
WHY wouldn't Mexican, or any other foreign CRIMINALS, blend in with the poor illegal immigrants, and cross into this county where the picking are likely better, and people have more money, and stuff to steal, plus our jails likely have better accommodations, and food? We are ether a nation RULED BY LEGISLATED LAWS, OR RULED BY TWO BIT DICTATORS, THAT MAKE UP THE LAWS, LIKE THE PLACES, ALL THESE POOR PEOPLE ARE FLEEING? WE CAN'T HAVE IT BOTH WAYS, CAN WE?

Blue Heeler

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Long Beach, at least when I was a kid, was no cake-walk either. I remember well the fights that went on at Nu-Pike Ion on the beach, especially when the Navy sailors got involved. This was long, long before the Queen Mary II came to Long Beach just before the Navy relocated to San Diego.
Brings back some great memories. The Pike, Seaside Gym and growing up in Belmont Shore.

When the Navy was in LB, my late father used to bring back buckets of once fired, 45ACP brass. Had to ream the primer pockets but it was good stuff to shoot.

Shadowrider

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Most people don't know or realize that many of the communities in the South LA area in the about the '40s-'70s were pretty decent neighborhoods with a ton of white families living in them. Cities like Lawndale, Gardena, Compton, Lynwood, Inglewood were all middle class bedroom communities of Los Angeles. My brother's inlaws grew up and the early part of their marriage, they lived there and always talk about in a positive light about it. Now, not so much. Some of the worst communities in America.
Yep. Kevin Costner grew up in Compton. I had to go to a vendor up there often last time I worked out there. It was dicey, but you could tell it was once a nice place to live. It kinda "added an element" to the depression of it all.

Latest posts

Top Bottom