Did 7-Eleven just out flank Amazon?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TerryMiller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The QT near my work has signs on the doors about delivery, but I think they're just using one of the food delivery services. I think you have to order through the QT smartphone app.

There is an outfit out there called "Grubhub" that goes to a restaurant/fast food place and picks up food for people who have used their service to order. Sad thing is, Grubhub seems to require that they get priority service, so if someone has been waiting in line for some time, they tend to get ticked off when Grubhub shows up and gets that priority service.

Glock 40

Problem Solver
Special Hen
Reaction score
There is an outfit out there called "Grubhub" that goes to a restaurant/fast food place and picks up food for people who have used their service to order. Sad thing is, Grubhub seems to require that they get priority service, so if someone has been waiting in line for some time, they tend to get ticked off when Grubhub shows up and gets that priority service.
Someone in my neighborhood loves to use these services. I live in on the corner of a Cul-de-sac where the streets change names, so I always have folks trying to figure out where they are. In the last month I have had 2 or 3 people try to give me food that wasn't mine. One was during the Tornado outbreak a couple weeks ago. No way I would be delivering food in that type of weather.

SoonerP226

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I've used GrubHub before; that's who Yelp uses for their backend when you place an order through their app.

It's nice to be able to have ice cream (and food from other places that don't deliver on their own) delivered to your door when you're feeling like finely-hammered dog poo.

Catt57

Gill-Gun Guru
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Wonder if the Oklahoma 7-11 is doing this. They are not part of the national chain so who knows?

https://www.cspdailynews.com/top-202-convenience-stores-2016/7-eleven-stores-oklahoma

The convenience stores owned and operated by 7-Eleven Stores of Oklahoma are the only independently owned stores that carry the 7-Eleven brand, thanks to a special arrangement made in 1953 between owner William "Bill" Brown and 7-Eleven Inc. The Oklahoma stores are neither licensees nor franchisees of the national chain, but are totally independent.

Last edited:

Hoov

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Diabetes to my door?! %&^$ yeah, 'Merica. Actually, there's one close enough that I can get there faster than they can find me. And if I am that drunk that I have to call in an air strike for beer..., I should prolly stop.

Latest posts

Top Bottom