Did I get ripped off?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mmchambers06

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Bought this off of the GB and the seller swears up and down that it is genuine. Can anyone confirm? A section of rail from my VLTOR CASV is held for comparison.

The finish & machining are not what I expected.

ai14.photobucket.com_albums_a320_mmchambers06_ddrail_P4291254.jpg

ai14.photobucket.com_albums_a320_mmchambers06_ddrail_P4291253.jpg

ai14.photobucket.com_albums_a320_mmchambers06_ddrail_P4291255.jpg

ai14.photobucket.com_albums_a320_mmchambers06_ddrail_P4291250.jpg

ai14.photobucket.com_albums_a320_mmchambers06_ddrail_P4291248.jpg

ai14.photobucket.com_albums_a320_mmchambers06_ddrail_P4291257.jpg

ai14.photobucket.com_albums_a320_mmchambers06_ddrail_P4291256.jpg

CAR-AR-M16

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
It looks likethe ones shown on the DD website. Except the logo font looks completely different.

http://www.danieldefense.com/?page=shop/detail&product_id=26

[Broken External Image]

The one mmchambers06's bought does not have the rail positions numbered like in the picture FAL guy posted.

Also, the manufacturers logo on mmchambers06's rail has commas between Daniel Defense and Inc as well as between Savannah and GA. The GA also has a period at the end. The picture that FAL guy posted has no commas or periods.

Looks like it might be a knockoff. I would contact Daniel Defense to be sure.

DrBaker

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The mounting ring is also different.

Often, as CAR-AR-M16 mentioned, the writing on the unit will be one of the quickest ways to spot a fake.

Josh-L

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Often, as CAR-AR-M16 mentioned, the writing on the unit will be one of the quickest ways to spot a fake.

Agreed. The writing just looks odd. DD has changed the way they mark stuff a few times but it still looked off to me.

The spot welds also look really sloppy.

As for the ring, DD did use one that looked like that before they switched to the current style.

mmchambers06

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
As for the ring, DD did use one that looked like that before they switched to the current style.

Right...I've only found one picture of the previous model:

[Broken External Image]

The things that stand out...the number of picatinny slots on the sides/bottom is different and the one I just posted has one more large hole.

I sent DD an email last night.

The seller says he got it in 2006 as a prize for winning a rifle comp. He says if DD confirms it's fake he will refund my money...seems like a straight up guy.

I can't find an airsoft copy of this rail anywhere on the web and the weight is correct...a little over 10 oz.

I was just underwhelmed when I first took it out of the box. If you look at the bottom of the cuts for the picatinny rail, they aren't very clean. The bottom picture shows it the best...compared to a quality piece of rail...and like Josh said, the welds are sloppy. The finish is not what I expected either.

Bootleggn

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Right...I've only found one picture of the previous model:

[Broken External Image]

The things that stand out...the number of picatinny slots on the sides/bottom is different and the one I just posted has one more large hole.

I sent DD an email last night.

The seller says he got it in 2006 as a prize for winning a rifle comp. He says if DD confirms it's fake he will refund my money...seems like a straight up guy.

I can't find an airsoft copy of this rail anywhere on the web and the weight is correct...a little over 10 oz.

I was just underwhelmed when I first took it out of the box. If you look at the bottom of the cuts for the picatinny rail, they aren't very clean. The bottom picture shows it the best...compared to a quality piece of rail...and like Josh said, the welds are sloppy. The finish is not what I expected either.

This recently happened to me with an EOTech. When I mounted it I started playing with it a bit and I wasn't very impressed. Needless to say the member I bought it from was a stand up member and took it back, not knowing it was a fraud either.

Latest posts

Top Bottom