Did I get ripped off?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mmchambers06

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Yeah...There's so much Chinese crap out there to look out for.

I've looked at all the pictures I can and I still can't decide on this one...because the weight is correct and I can't imagine a knockoff striving for this much realism. If it's real, I'm disappointed with it.

We'll see what Daniel Defense says.

It's not just me, though, right? Something does seem fishy??

Josh-L

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I thought of something else... He said he got it in 2006 but I'm pretty sure DD quit using that ring in late 05 early 06 so if it was a prize from the "owner" I would think it would be the newest version.

I think it's a fake.

I also wouldn't tell someone I'd give them their money back if they could prove it was fake if I knew for sure it wasn't. I would tell them to pound sand.

mmchambers06

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I thought of something else... He said he got it in 2006 but I'm pretty sure DD quit using that ring in late 05 early 06 so if it was a prize from the "owner" I would think it would be the newest version.

I don't know. I think the timeline he mentioned is reasonable. When a model is updated, dealers who stock the item still have the older ones until they're sold. At least that's what I assume.

Josh-L said:
I also wouldn't tell someone I'd give them their money back if they could prove it was fake if I knew for sure it wasn't. I would tell them to pound sand.

My first email was pretty much 'This is a fake. I want my money back or I'm telling GB on you."

He replied saying he is %100 sure it is genuine, and that he is going to confirm w/ DD, and will refund my money if they say it's fake. And really that's all I'm asking for. I didn't pay $320 for it, but I paid way more than for me to just write it off and take my losses.

The tolerances on the barrel nut, alignment pins, and rails are in spec...it's just that the seemingly poor finish and the tooling marks I pointed out earlier aren't in line w/ my experiences w/ other DD products.

If it's a clone...somebody went through a whole lot of trouble.

BryanDP

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Got a reply back from Daniel Defense...they say it is the real thing, just a very old revision.

So I did get a good deal! Phew...

Just out of curiosity, did you apologize to your seller for this:

My first email was pretty much 'This is a fake. I want my money back or I'm telling GB on you."

Just curious.

Bryan

Latest posts

Top Bottom