Did there used to be an i40 exit that said Indian Road near Gore and Vian?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CutBaitNBlowSh*tUp4ALivin

I like rimfire and rimfire accessories. Yup. Mmhmm
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
So I gotta go up northeast and I wanted to recreate a trip I did a dozen times in high school. I KNOW we traveled on an Indian Road to Tahlequah, and we always passed a Boys Ranch.
I can see that it was either the Vian exit, or the Gore/ Webber's Falls exit.
But I was absolutely certain that back in the day, the I40 Exit sign actually *said* Indian Road in 2003ish.
I've got most of the old trip mapped out on an actual map, just trying to recall what exit we used.
Anyone know, IF the exit said Indian Road, what exit number it is/was around/near exit 297 eastbound I-40?
Screenshot_2020-08-28-20-55-47.png

Last edited:

NikatKimber

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator
Reaction score
Get off I40 at 292, Take 10 and go North by the proposed nuclear plant, follow 10/64 west into Gore. Take 100 north out of Gore towards tenkiller lake. Just before you get to tenkiller, go straight on 10A. Just ahead on the left is the Methodist boys ranch. A little further is Strayhorn landing and Fin & Feather “resort”. Keep going and Indian Road goes north on the right, and follows the lake to Keys, just outside Tahlequah. Alternatively you can take 82 north from Vian to Blackgum and take a left at the T to go west on 100, which takes you across the Tenkiller dam and to the 10A intersection. Turn right/north and the boys ranch is on the left and proceed as above.

Latest posts

Top Bottom