Didn't expect this in OK

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tanis143

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Whats funny is there is a simple solution to all of this that neither side wants (because both sides are the "my way or the highway" type). Make all bathrooms unisex. Get rid of urinals, make all toilets fully enclosed and lockable stalls. Then it won't matter if a person is male, female, or identifies as a cat. Same with showers, make each shower area a stall. Hell, my dorm in college was setup that way and even though technically our bathrooms were not coed, they were.

But, as I said, neither side will accept that.

golddigger14s

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Another case of OK WTF.
"CHICKASHA, Okla. (KSWO) - Chickasha residents gathered on Saturday, November 12, to celebrate a historic moment for the city, their first drag show!

It took place at Canadian River Brewing Co, thanks to the efforts of Rural Oklahoma Pride, an organization set on serving the LGBTQ+ community in rural areas of Oklahoma."

turkeyrun

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
You left the CA (child attracted) out of the LQ alphabet.

Maybe we should ACCEPT them and encourage tattoos identifying their pride.

Makes for easier targets.

Ready_fire_aim

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I work residential construction, I spend lots of time working in Norman. I have for the last 6 years or so. I’m not surprised by this a bit! Norman has WAY to many lgbt-flag/blm-sign/democrat D-bags. It’s like a little boulder Colorado

Seadog

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I work residential construction, I spend lots of time working in Norman. I have for the last 6 years or so. I’m not surprised by this a bit! Norman has WAY to many lgbt-flag/blm-sign/democrat D-bags. It’s like a little boulder Colorado
College towns. The higher education. They promote and endorse these alternative lifestyles. A lot of the confusion stems from these Progressive activist professors and their BS extracurricular activities.

TerryMiller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
College towns. The higher education. They promote and endorse these alternative lifestyles. A lot of the confusion stems from these Progressive activist professors and their BS extracurricular activities.

Maybe this will turn around? If I remember right, the former mayor was also employed by OU. But, she got beat this year by a gentleman that is much more conservative than she.

Norman Chooses New Mayor as Heikkila Unseats Clark

"After a single term as Norman’s mayor, Breea Clark was defeated in Tuesday’s runoff election, by a vote of 53.4% to 46.6%.

Norman’s new mayor will be Larry Heikkila, who is far to the right of the more progressive Clark, as he made clear in a campaign ad earlier this year.

“For far too long, the citizens of Norman have been victimized by the overreaching of the extremist council,” said Heikkila, who carried the backing of Norman's Fraternal Order of Police and campaigned on increasing funding for the Norman Police Department.

Clark was the youngest woman to hold the mayor’s office when first elected in 2019. Her tenure saw an unsuccessful recall attempt and death threats over coronavirus restrictions and the city council’s decision to divert more than $865,000 from a proposed police department’s budget increase to pay for social services to help the city's homeless, mentally ill and other vulnerable populations. Norman was the first city in the state to implement a mask mandate."

Seadog

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Maybe this will turn around? If I remember right, the former mayor was also employed by OU. But, she got beat this year by a gentleman that is much more conservative than she.

Norman Chooses New Mayor as Heikkila Unseats Clark

"After a single term as Norman’s mayor, Breea Clark was defeated in Tuesday’s runoff election, by a vote of 53.4% to 46.6%.

Norman’s new mayor will be Larry Heikkila, who is far to the right of the more progressive Clark, as he made clear in a campaign ad earlier this year.

“For far too long, the citizens of Norman have been victimized by the overreaching of the extremist council,” said Heikkila, who carried the backing of Norman's Fraternal Order of Police and campaigned on increasing funding for the Norman Police Department.

Clark was the youngest woman to hold the mayor’s office when first elected in 2019. Her tenure saw an unsuccessful recall attempt and death threats over coronavirus restrictions and the city council’s decision to divert more than $865,000 from a proposed police department’s budget increase to pay for social services to help the city's homeless, mentally ill and other vulnerable populations. Norman was the first city in the state to implement a mask mandate."
One can hope. The problem is college towns like large cities attract progressive liberals. Fortunately they were able to oust that bimbo in Norman but how long before another one comes in. It’s kind of like a cancer it just keeps on coming back. Just like the bums in the big cities. It attracts them because of all their BS policy’s and tolerance.

It doesn’t really matter what it is. Progressives, liberals, and Democrats always screw everything up. All the way every time.

You said they got a conservative in Norman now so at least they have a ray of hope.

TerryMiller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
One can hope. The problem is college towns like large cities attract progressive liberals. Fortunately they were able to oust that bimbo in Norman but how long before another one comes in. It’s kind of like a cancer it just keeps on coming back. Just like the bums in the big cities. It attracts them because of all their BS policy’s and tolerance.

It doesn’t really matter what it is. Progressives, liberals, and Democrats always screw everything up. All the way every time.

You said they got a conservative in Norman now so at least they have a ray of hope.

At least he is "more conservative" than the previous mayor. Hopefully, his term will show Norman residents that less progressive ideas would be better for the town and its citizens.

Chuckie

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Whats funny is there is a simple solution to all of this that neither side wants (because both sides are the "my way or the highway" type). Make all bathrooms unisex. Get rid of urinals, make all toilets fully enclosed and lockable stalls. Then it won't matter if a person is male, female, or identifies as a cat. Same with showers, make each shower area a stall. Hell, my dorm in college was setup that way and even though technically our bathrooms were not coed, they were.

But, as I said, neither side will accept that.
One side is trying to convince everyone that these things are normal, while the other side is wanting to law it away. All this transgender stuff is like teenage sex. It's here, it's real, and ignoring it or trying to make it illegal is not going to make it go away. The ONLY real solution is like Tanis143 said. Unisex/family restrooms (like they have at Target and other places) and a good child upbringing about their [real] gender identity versus wanting to pretend to be something else.

Latest posts

Top Bottom