Diesel engine oil gone in 8 weeks

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tinytim

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Went to Yukon today, got my oil changed and had to settle for Rotella T 5, was lucky to get that, I called Oreilleys, autozone and three closest Walmarts no T6 available and no idea when they would receive any.

Bocephus123

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
My understanding according to my boss the big 4 have had there customers on rationing for over a year. We haven’t had to do that luckily our suppliers still have plenty of additives

Shottyshooter90

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
A couple months ago I ran all over hells half acre to find enough for a couple pick ups. I've been seeing it regularly now, but don't doubt that it'll be another shortage in the long list of shortages in Biden's America.

SlugSlinger

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Out the 5 gallons I ordered, only 3 arrived. Walmart is the worst!
The additional 2 gallons arrived today via fedex. The 1st 3 gallons I received arrived the next day by a local delivery contractor.

I guess it was cheaper to ship the 2 gallons from Grayslake IL than 5 miles for a different Walmart. Or maybe it wasn’t available at the other Walmart either..

SoonerP226

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The additional 2 gallons arrived today via fedex. The 1st 3 gallons I received arrived the next day by a local delivery contractor.

I guess it was cheaper to ship the 2 gallons from Grayslake IL than 5 miles for a different Walmart. Or maybe it wasn’t available at the other Walmart either..
Try finding a Motorcraft FL-500 oil filter. It’s used on the 5.0 V8 in the ‘11 and newer F-150 and Mustang, so there are a few million vehicles on the roads using it, but for God only knows what reason, it’s damn near impossible to find locally. Over the course of a few weeks, I tried Walmarts in Sapulpa, Glenpool, Norman (two of them), and Purcell, plus my niece tried the AutoZone and O’Reilly’s in Purcell. The Walmarts all had slots for them on the shelf, but I found neither hide nor hair of the filters themselves.

I finally gave up and ordered four of them from Amazon. Thank God for the Everything Store…

SlugSlinger

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Try finding a Motorcraft FL-500 oil filter. It’s used on the 5.0 V8 in the ‘11 and newer F-150 and Mustang, so there are a few million vehicles on the roads using it, but for God only knows what reason, it’s damn near impossible to find locally. Over the course of a few weeks, I tried Walmarts in Sapulpa, Glenpool, Norman (two of them), and Purcell, plus my niece tried the AutoZone and O’Reilly’s in Purcell. The Walmarts all had slots for them on the shelf, but I found neither hide nor hair of the filters themselves.

I finally gave up and ordered four of them from Amazon. Thank God for the Everything Store…
Where are these manufactured?

Ryan500L

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I pretty much run Napa filters on everything, they have a quarterly sale at the store I go to. I think there made by Wix and Mann. Seem to be good filters I've never had a problem.

Latest posts

Top Bottom