Digital Cameras - Need Advise!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

N8VE

New to the site!
Reaction score
IMO DSLR's are the best way to go, because you can always upgrade them as needed they come out of the box ready to point and shoot. My coworker at my job is a photographer on the side and hes got a Nikon DSLR D800 an older model and it does the exact same as today's DSLR's minus Wireless sharing capabilities. Shell out the additional money for one! Nikon D3200 would be a good start.

BallisticBiker

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

BallisticBiker

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
BallisticBiker,

I'm not seeing images, and clicking the link goes nowhere for me.

I'm anxious to see what you've done there.

Bummer, dude. They're working on this end...
No big deal, really. Just a picture taken yesterday with the CoolPix w/o flash and then close to the same thing taken today with the Rebel. When I a-b them, there is a world of difference.
Gimme a minute & I'll load 'em directly.

BallisticBiker

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
A.)
[Broken External Image]
B.)
[Broken External Image]

I really notice the sharpness and clarity of image B compared to A. Not so much when looking at the center of the picture, more at the outer rim of the picture. The grip of the Redhawk, the bullets in the magazines, the carpet of the upper shelf, stuff like that. I'm just gettin' started, man! Picture B was probably the third or fourth photo taken with this thing. Set to fully automatic, just like you advised. haha! I'm feeling good about my purchase and pretty confident in that I'll learn to navigate this thing in time and put out some quality photographs...

Got so excited about it all, I ordered the divider for the Pelican case AND busted out and bought an 80-200mm lens. A cheapie, but should be good enough for now while I'm gettin' my feet wet. Baby steps...expensive baby steps.....
I looked at your "walking around" lens...man, that thing is a commitment! They ain't giving those bad boys away, that's for sure! lol

Last edited:

TerryMiller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Quality lenses makes the difference. I consider myself a "serious, amateur" photographer. That means that I make no money off of photos, but I'm willing to spend the bucks to get quality. When looking at photography, many times a decent camera with GOOD lenses is best. Canon and Nikon are both excellent cameras, but even cameras that are lesser quality can take a good photo. Much depends on lighting and composure of the photo.

My choice in camera came about because the Nikon D300 has a metal frame and is at least water-resistant. That is valuable when one is "knocking around" out in the woods doing scenic and wildlife photography. By comparison, the Nikon D90 is less expensive, has most of the same standards as the D300, but doesn't have the same frame and water resistance.

Good luck with learning as you go. The road ahead for you could be very pleasing.

BallisticBiker

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Thought this was worth pulling over and laying on the ground to shoot:

IMG_6248.jpg
(I think I'm gonna bump my size/quality up a notch and see how that turns out as this image looks pretty small once uploaded...and no, I'm not talking about the thumbnail! lol)

Terry, are there any name brands I should avoid when it comes to the "less expensive" lenses?

Latest posts

Top Bottom