Help Me Identify This Girl (And... She Needs A Home)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

OK Corgi Rancher

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Not sure if she's lost or was dumped. She LOVES water. Very friendly, not aggressive at all towards my dogs or chickens, looks healthy and she sounds exactly like an elk bugling when she howls. Really sweet dog. That's about all I know about her right now. I have her in my garden fence.

Anyone know the breed. Some type of hound but I'm not sure what kind.

Stray.jpg

Last edited:

OK Corgi Rancher

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
She'll get a good meal in just a bit. Thanks for that. Looks like her. She does seem young but doesn't appear malnourished to me...just skinny.

I saw her at the end of my drive looking down the road like she was waiting for someone. I'm guessing she was dumped. Of course there's no collar or anything. I doubt she's chipped and I can't find out till Monday.

Thanks for that ID. I think you're right on.

HoLeChit

Here for Frens
Special Hen
Reaction score
I honestly don't know a ton about the practices when breeding coonhounds, but my Clyde was mandated by the breed organization to have the inside of his ear tattooed for identification, as well as a chip implanted. Might check her ears and that mostly hairless portion of her belly for a tattoo. She's probably young, and good hunting dogs aren't cheap. She may have gotten lost while hunting, it wouldn't be the first time. Might check Facebook for groups that might know where she came from. I haven't been on there in forever, but If I remember right Oklahoma coonhunters alliance would be one place to check and , Oklahoma bloodtrackers association and the United Blood trackers would be worth reaching out to as well.

UBT has a website. United Blood Trackers

Latest posts

Top Bottom