Help Me Identify This Girl (And... She Needs A Home)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

leemozoid

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
She looks like she'd fit right in on Corgi Ranch. Might be a run off from a coon hunt. Had hunters always stopping by the farm in Missouri asking if any of their dogs had shown up. That was back in the day before radio collars and GPS. I bet she's at a minimum chipped.

OK Corgi Rancher

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Well this night just took a terrible turn. I heard the girl yelping but couldn't see her. I went outside and found her hanging upside down from her right rear paw on our front, chain link gate. Of course she was in pain, her paw is torn up pretty bad I think, and I'm not sure if she tore anything in her leg or not. I had a helluva time getting her loose and avoiding being bitten because she was in so much pain and so scared. I got her calmed down enough and was able to lift her up and free her. I had to do that in the dark, too, because I didn't have a light. She wouldn't put any weight on her leg for a few mins so I carried her to her makeshift bed and she laid right down. I know she's hurting so I gave her some Rimadyl. I hope that'll at least take the edge off.

I guess she tried jumping the gate like she jumped out of the other fence. She wanted to be inside with us, apparently. I feel so bad for her. I had no idea she'd try to do that.

I just can't afford an emergency vet visit but I can't let this poor girl suffer. I'll see how she is in the morning and figure it out then. I'll try to take her to my vet Monday if it looks like she's doing OK. I don't even know if there is an emergency vet around here. I should probably find out.

Edit to add: Our regular vet offers 24 hr emergency care. That's good to know.

Last edited:

OK Corgi Rancher

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
She's doing really great now. She helped me tend to the animals this morning and runs around like a happy pup. She seems to think she's found her home here. Unfortunately, that just won't be the case.

If you like hunting dogs, this one would be a great companion. She follows me around like my shadow and is sweet as can be. I'll even help with delivery.

Cowcatcher

Unarmed boating accident survivor
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The best dog I ever had just showed up one day and chose us. He also seemed to be the most maintenance free. I swear that dog had 37 lives. He was my best friend and a hard worker. I’ve tried buying more to replace him. They haven’t risen to his level. I reckon maybe someday the next great will just show up on the porch someday and refuse to leave just like he did.

THAT Gurl

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The best dog I ever had just showed up one day and chose us. He also seemed to be the most maintenance free. I swear that dog had 37 lives. He was my best friend and a hard worker. I’ve tried buying more to replace him. They haven’t risen to his level. I reckon maybe someday the next great will just show up on the porch someday and refuse to leave just like he did.

That's Dawg. Stinker challenged me over a picnic table at the lake and then followed me home. He's been stuck to my side ever since. He's a sweetheart.

Bocephus123

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Me too how i got my cow dog

Latest posts

Top Bottom