Disappointed with Cabela’s

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MikePAC

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have been a very loyal shopper at Cabela’s and found better products and service than Bass Pro in the past. I use my Cabela’s Black card frequently and save up reward money for reloading supplies usually(when available). I have many items with their brand instead big name brands because of their “no-hassle lifetime warranty”. I took back my first item yesterday which had failed. $159 fly fishing vest/ backpack combo, outfitter gear. The strap was pulling through. They told me “since the merger” (Bass Pro bought them) they no longer stand behind the warranty. I’m thankful my waders, fly fishing boots, my neoprene hunting boots, lace up hunting boots, Instinct backpack, binoculars, wool socks, base layers etc have not worn out. I will be closing my account with Capitol One and doing my shopping online. Hope this helps some OSA members carefully consider where/why they do business.

GlockPride

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I'd have informed them that the warranty was in effect when I bought it and they will honor it. Otherwise a small breach of agreement suit would be in line. I'd bet the manager just gets you a new one.

Wouldn’t matter if you got a new one, the new stuff is all crap. (B)AssPro, the B is silent, hasn’t been great for a couple decades. Then they just had to go and screw up that nice hunting outfitter company from Nebraska.

At least OP spelled Cabela’s correctly. It may be the most misspelled retailer…

oksportsman

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I'm old enough that my Cabela's Outfitter camo, tent and hunting gear should outlast me. It just is not the same shopping in Bass Pro no matter what the sign says it is. Years ago I was in a Cabela's at customer service (when it actually meant what it says) and witnessed an oil field worker return a worn out pair of Cabela's boots with a lifetime warranty walk out with a new pair for free due to a sole separation despite holes in the soles.

HoLeChit

Here for Frens
Special Hen
Reaction score
B9EDF9E1-1333-4054-BC31-26F9330B308C.jpeg

Latest posts

Top Bottom