Ditching Cable

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
That's the one I bought on your recommendation in a similar and/or this thread. Good stuff. Picked up channels 60 miles away in Wichita Falls. It's also available at Walmart for about the same price. It has since been moved to the shop.

I ended up mounting this one to my house, outdoors, wired to a better amp/converter. Pointed it Northwest for all the goods OKC has. Been a solid performer.
We have two now. One for the RV and one for the Shop building TV.
Be aware they don't stand up well to a hard 1/2" hail storm. The one at the shop got broken up pretty well but hey, it's only $40 for a new one!

TwoForFlinching

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
  • Attic Antenna
  • Fed to a Silicon Dust HDHomerun Duo
  • Gigabit LAN throughout, Ubiquiti ERX, UAP-AC Lite and a 16 port POE switch to power UAPs
  • We split Netflix and Hulu with family
  • I crave speed so we keep our 300Mbps plan for my movie collecting (Plex Server feeds library to a TCL 6 series, NVidia Shield and Roku boxes)
  • Probably still overpaying for internet but Google Fiber and/or municipal fiber can't save everybody thanks to "MuH FrEe MaRkEtS"

Question for you. Can't find the answer online, just theoreticals with the HDHomerun and a router, can I beam the signal to devices sans internet? I assume I can since they just need that wifi signal. I get that I won't have the UI guide, DVR, Etc...

Latest posts

Top Bottom