Do any of you carry a .380 for CC?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

A.J.

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I carry a P3AT fairly often. I call it my "pocket change" pistol. Got a little cheap pocket holster for it, and I just drop it in my pocket when I'm going somewhere either dressed real light, or in a hurry. I personally think that today's modern .380 loads are approaching the effectiveness of 9mm loads of 20 years ago. I just bought a Taurus HGPT745. I've found this sub-compact .45 pistol can be pocket carried in a roomy trouser or cargo pants pocket (in a proper fitting pocket holster. I'm looking into getting a hi-ride kydex, or a snug fitting nylon pancake holster for it later. I have an old undershirt, I believe made by Kramer leather with a built in holster under each armpit that the Taurus works well in also. If I'm going to be wearing a long-tailed coat, I just carry my 5" Kimber either in a pancake or an IWB.

_CY_

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Walther PPK .380 was my main CCW for years.
since retired in favor of S&W 340PD with .38 +P

motivation for change was not due to lack of firepower or size of PPK.
deciding factor was 340PD's 13.8oz loaded weight and dead reliability.

V1K1NG0

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Every now and then. I bought a bersa thunder 380 on a whim for $180 out the door. I thought it would be a jammomatic and would just be something to plink with at the range. After putting it through its paces I came to find that this little pistol was very accurate and I have yet to have a FTE/FTF (about 800-900 rounds down the pipe). I only use FMJ in my 380 so I can get as much penetration as possible.

okie98

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I pocket carry a Ruger LCP in hot weather and add a Kimber Pro Tactical II in cooler months for serious social intercourse. Rule #1--Have a gun. You cannot use what you aren't carrying.

Latest posts

Top Bottom