Do any of you carry a .380 for CC?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

guns are dumb

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I carry a P3AT everyday as my only CCW. I feel that it's very reliable and I don't think that the firepower is lacking, personally. Of course there are arguments either way, but carrying a bigger gun is just not an option for me.

Hawgman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I carry a kahr p380 when I'm in dress slacks or if it's one of those "absolutely can't get made" situations. So maybe 3 or 4 times a months. I took my SDA class a couple years ago. Wish I could remember the instructors name; he was good. He said something I'll never forget. He said "a .380 is a EET round. It works best up close and shoot your advesary in the Ear, Eye, or Throat." I use fmj's to get some penetration. But yeah, I do feel a little under gunned when that's all I have.

DanB

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I carry a P3at quite often. It keeps me warm and cozy when I'm wearing anything from gym shorts to a suit. I have practiced quite a bit drawing from concealment with it. I carry one reload for it as I feel you should with any weapon you carry.

the .380 isn't exactly desired but it is enough to stop a threat or at least reduce the effectiveness of the threat.

the standard .380 platforms(LCP, P3at, etc) are close up and ugly weapons. No long range shots.

Latest posts

Top Bottom