Do not order from Old Faithful Holsters

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SMS

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Being swamped is one thing but there is a time limit on that excuse. After months of backlog, stop telling customers "We'll get it shipped out this week".

Be up front with everyone, admit the backlog, bring in more help and fix it.

Hoov

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Being swamped is one thing but there is a time limit on that excuse. After months of backlog, stop telling customers "We'll get it shipped out this week".

Be up front with everyone, admit the backlog, bring in more help and fix it.

Agreed. However, finding good leather guys ain't the same as finding a janitor. Does it release you from your obligations? No. Check out another thread going right now in general discussions...

SMS

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Agreed. However, finding good leather guys ain't the same as finding a janitor.

Doesn't have to be help on the production side...bring in someone to communicate with customers, someone to track orders, someone to handle shipping and such, so you can focus on building holsters.

Anything so the story isn't always "Oh, I'll get to it this week.".

Last edited:

oldkar

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
They had one of the best kydex forums on their website but,apparently lately it has been neglected . lots of problems with spammers etc. Long time member of forum set up a competing forum and is spamming members to join new forum.
quite a conversation going on the old faithful forum now. I make holsters as a hobby .Mainly for myself , family and friends. it could easily become a monster if i allowed it to. a lot of holster mfg started out as a hobby , then it becomes a time consuming monster. this same problem has led some of the best holster mfg. to leave the craft. most mfg now only take a small amt of orders per month and shut down their order system until those orders are filled.

TSgt Twitch

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Just to update, got a shipping number today, after a few more emails, and links to posts I made around the web with the emails in them.

That is just it, I know for a fact the "company" has a tleast 3 guys building and 2 girls in the "sales" department based on the emails/phone calls received. and I believe one in the shipping department.
Honestly speaking, if they had said on their website "normal orders go out in 4-6 weeks, multiple orders may take up to 10 weeks etc. I would have been FINE with it. I did not even send an inquiry (no complaint whatsoever) email until the 6 week mark (the max they said it would take). My frustrations did not even start until the lie's started.

TSgt Twitch

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
LOL, and the hits continue,

I got my holsters today

They did not cut for the optic on the FNX holster like requested and re-verified by phone, no biggie I can fix this.
However they used the wrong color leather for the XDS holster, I wear mostly black slacks or blue jeans when out, and hopefully when I get a civilian job I will be wearing black mostly. Hence me choosing the color.

Latest posts

Top Bottom