Do you close your bedroom door at night?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Zombie

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
my door is shut. front and back doors locked and bolted
2 little yappers (1 barks at anything it doesn't recognize as normal)
and 1 "medium" dog (50 lbs or so) that will bark yes it is possible to get in with my house locked up but you can't do it quiet enough I or the dogs won't hear you.

garage doors have to be unlocked to open and the side door is entirely blocked.

870WingBlaster

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Get a dog. My little, big eared, living breathing intruder detecting device sleeps on the bed with me. There is no way that anyone could get in the house without her alerting me. She is too little to hurt anyone, it is her job to warn me, then it is my job to decide what to do next!

do you have a cocker? Mine's on my lap right now.

been

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
i keep my door locked.
My room is in an upstairs apt. About 2 weeks ago i was home alone for the night and was about to go to sleep when i thought i heard the door open. The door is downstairs and the steps are just outside one of my rooms walls. I heard footsteps going up the stairs and i thought it was my dad. I said "hey dad wat u doin back already". The footsteps suddenly stopped when i spoke. this was enough to scare the crap out of me so i loaded my revolver (only time iv loaded a gun in my house). the entire time i was loading it i could hear the steps. opened my door and searched around but nothing was there.

briarcreekguy

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
do you have a cocker? Mine's on my lap right now.

No, not a Cocker. Mine is a long legged, big eared, chihuahua. She is the second one I've owned, the first lived over 15 years and this one was her companion in her last year of life. My old dog, was not a yappy dog, and she taught this one to be the same. She only barks if there is something outside, that needs barking at. There is no way your getting in the house without her knowing about it.

I once owned a female dobie. She was sneaky. Didn't bark at all but, would have eaten you up, if you got in the house. She slept on the bed by my feet, mostly! Ever now and then I would wake up and roll over to kiss the ex-wife, and find Casey (the Dobie) lying on her back, with her head on the pillow, between the ex and I. LOL

JB Books

Shooter Emeritus
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have surveillance cameras (complete with IR/night vision) 360 degrees around my house and a couple hidden in the back yard. If I hear something crazy, I just look at my iPad.

purplehaze

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
JB Books said:
I have surveillance cameras (complete with IR/night vision) 360 degrees around my house and a couple hidden in the back yard. If I hear something crazy, I just look at my iPad.

Are those the same cameras you have focused on my bedroom

Latest posts

Top Bottom