Do you close your bedroom door at night?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hobbes

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I always leave my bedroom door open at night.

Seems like I would have a better chance of waking up and responding if someone was breaking into the garage or another part of the house.

Sanjuro82

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Same thing happened to me when I first moved into my current house. After I moved in, randomly a loud popping noise would wake me up startled. After a few weeks I got feed up with it and tracked the noise down (took a lot of waiting as the nose would only happen once a hour or so) in my attic. The culprit was the box above one of my air duct registers in the next room over (where the flex duct tied in). The box had a bend/crease in it and would pop in and out during the night as the air temperature dropped.

I can't tell you have many time I grabbed my 12 gauge next to the bed. lol :D

Super Dave

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I would close the door, lock it, then block it with something like a chair or a stout board under the door knob. Sounds paranoid, I know, but while they can have my stuff (if I don't hear them in the house), they cannot have my life! I would rather take the chance that I wouldn't hear them stealing my stuff, than wake up to find someone standing over me in my bed. With the door locked and blocked, I at least believe I could hear them coming before they got right up on me. And for the record, I have stared over the sights of a rifle at a man who broke into my home, and I can assure you that you do not willingly want to do that!

YIKES!!!!! Did you shoot him?

okiebuckout

Marksman
Reaction score
I generally sleep with the door shut and locked. If it gets too hot in there, I sometimes leave it open. As others have said, dogs are great alarms. I have 2 that sleep on the floor by us. I guarantee they will alert us of any wrong-doers around our house. They are great in the daytime too, one is a pit mix and doesn't like strangers around the house.:angry3: Money well spent on feeding them.

Preacherman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I keep the door open. However I do have a small dog who sleeps in his bed on the floor and he lets me know if there is anything not right. In the last place I lived I heard him growl one night and grab the 45 to find that there was a snake in the house. He did good. I usually do not kill snakes but that one did not make it.

Latest posts

Top Bottom