Do You Guys Ever "Get Stuck" in an Era??

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

OkieJoe72

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

wawazat

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Here are a couple of random ones that popped up on my workout playlist that really get me amped too. The shaman drums jogged my memory about some of the tribal inspired rock I listen to that gets the heart pumping and makes you want to throw heavy stuff around the room haha.

The Hu are really interesting. They all met at a music university studying traditional Mongolian music and instruments.

Alien Weaponry has been a big deal in NZ for bringing the Maori language to mainstream with hard rock/metal music.

Gadsden

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Here's a fact about Jeff "Skunk" Baxter, guitarist for Steely Dan and The Doobie Brothers that many people haven't heard about. Did y'all know that he wrote a paper for another use of the Aegis Missile system showing that, in addition to its purpose as a ship based anti-aircraft missile, it could also be deployed as a missile-defense system?

Since then he has been involved in anti-terrorism efforts which led to an appointment with the "Strategic Defense Initiative Organization, now known as the Missile Defense Agency. Baxter has also been involved with the National Geospatial Intelligence Agency and contractors like Northrup Grumman. Since writing his paper, basically on a whim, "Skunk" Baxter has gone on to to work in the Pentagon and side-by-side with Presidents and has one of the highest security clearances one can get.

Just goes to show you can't judge a book by its cover and sometimes there can be much more to an old hippie rocker than just their ability to play music.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Top Bottom