Do you have ten thumbs?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

criticalbass

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Torque specs for one of my (now late) uncles: Tighten until it twists off, then back off a half turn.

When I was a kid I saw him twist off a 2 inch pipe at the collar using two 24 inch pipe wrenches. Strong as an ox and half as smart. Actually he was really smart, just not so much in a practical way. Sort of a proto-nerd. I think he would have really related to computers, but he died a little too soon.

As for me, my mechanical skills are alive and well, and I still have lots of tools which I seldom use. Probably ought to have a thinning out sale.

Lurker66

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Torque specs for one of my (now late) uncles: Tighten until it twists off, then back off a half turn.

When I was a kid I saw him twist off a 2 inch pipe at the collar using two 24 inch pipe wrenches. Strong as an ox and half as smart. Actually he was really smart, just not so much in a practical way. Sort of a proto-nerd. I think he would have really related to computers, but he died a little too soon.

As for me, my mechanical skills are alive and well, and I still have lots of tools which I seldom use. Probably ought to have a thinning out sale.

Son n laws will thin out your tools.

Fyrtwuck

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Depends on what it is.

Cars, 1950 -1990, I can work on it.
Plumbing, After a lot of cussing I can get it done.
Carpentry, All digits are in danger.
Electrical, Nothing over 12 volts.
Guns, S&W and Glock pistols and AR platform rifles, Pretty familiar.
TV and Internet, Expert.

Latest posts

Top Bottom