The cost of clothes, sheesh!!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GeneW

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

Sted-E Ed-E

LET’S GO BRANDON!
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I know this was a while back, but if you were still needing some formal wear, my gramgrams said she’s got you!
BEE137EF-F290-45F8-9AE5-187B98C939B3.jpeg

Just send over your dimensions 😂

ssgrock3

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Men’s warehouse is about all I can find out near OKC. I’d get a blue and either brown or charcoal grey jacket a few pair of slacks and lots of white shirts. Add a few ties and you’re good to go. I wore a suit or at least a slacks and a tie for 30 years so I know where you’re coming from, was just part of doing business. Now a days it’s just Wranglers, a nice shirt and Cowboy boots. 😉
Cant go wrong starting with a gray, black and brown suit, add accessories and others as you can and want to

HillsideDesolate

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I suggest checking out Nordstrom Rack, that was my go to for management clothes. As an outlet they tend to have a lot of things on the large and small side. Charcoal grey is your best bet, black is too formal and blue/brown can be hard to match. Tailoring is usually required for anything off the rack, my guess is there are some competent tailors around Tinker.

joegrizzy

Sharpshooter
Special Hen Banned
Reaction score
GOODWILL
GOODWILL
GOODWILL

CHOOSE YOUR GOODWILL WISELY
SHOP IN EDMOND, NW OKC, THAT GOODWILL NEAR EARLYWINE, ETC. RITZY AREAS

YOU CAN BUY SCROOGE'S CURTAIN RINGS, IF BOLD ENOUGH MAYBE THE SHIRT THEY BURIED HIM IN!

for real tho, if you check labels you realize *real quick* the stuff at goodwill is *the same exact clothes* they just were *possibly* worn. a see a TON of stuff that has clearly NEVER been worn, ESPECIALLY formal wear. lots of people have *already* bought lots of expensive clothes, you can get them cheap! i've seen some designer brands and stuff i would certainly NEVER have access to buying otherwise there. i rub elbows with execs and owners of this and that, they don't know i shop at goodwill; heck i've had them comment on my fashion!

JEVapa

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Banned Supporter
Reaction score
Fck Goodwill. They have overpriced shabby sh*t, and it'll show. They aren't a charity either...they are a for profit that deceives people into thinking they're a nonprofit.

If you're gonna the thrift route, go to a local homegrown thrift store with either a blue hair old lady running it, or some retro pink haired chick dressed like the 1920's with black nail polish. They'll have the high end sports coats and suits for cheap-ish.

Firemedic712

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I've got a work trip coming in a few weeks. It's a week of nothing but business meetings and travel. Sounds nice until you do it, and I'd rather walk over hot coals at this point, but I have to keep the lights on somehow or another. It's a trip I make annually, however it seems the past few years I've been the oddball out by not wearing a fancy schmancy suit jacket. A pair of slacks and a polo shirt are about as formal as I like to get normally, but when you're the only one in the room of a dozen people in suits, I look like a hobo in comparison. Well I figured it'd be good to have a suit jacket, blazer, sport coat, or whatever the hell you call it. The only suit I own I bought about 15 years ago, and it's a bit of a struggle to get that button closed on the jacket! I've sat down to few good meals in those 15 years. I've been looking for a decent deal on a suit jacket, but I am a bigger guy so normal human clothes don't fit me quite right. About a month ago I looked at the cost of a new Ford F-150 crew cab and about fell over. Well these suit jacket prices for something in my size are making me do the same thing. I've yet to find one that wouldn't need an adjustment or two, so tack that onto the cost of the initial purchase and I'm in for a at least a few hundred bucks if apparently if I want anything of decent quality. And that's just for one. I have 5 days and a total of 11 meetings that week. I darn sure am not buying 5 jackets. One, maaaaaybe two if I can find a great bargain.

Prices nowadays........

Rant over. Back under my rock.
I buy most of my clothes second hand from flea Bay. Might not be your thing, but I've had pretty good luck

Latest posts

Top Bottom